Epilogue Chapter 5

"Mom?"

Beca looked over her shoulder, sitting at her music decks, to find Liam stood there with his guitar in hand. "What's up little man?", she smirked when he rolled his eyes stepping more into the office now.

"You do realise I'm like a month away from turning 18 right?", he sat down resting his guitar across his lap.

"You and your sister will always be babies to me", Beca smiles warmly. "You still trying to finish that song?", she nods towards his guitar and watches him take a deep breath before nodding back at her.

"It has to be perfect", Liam looks back up at his Mom, "I've liked her for so long and if this doesn't work then-"

"Then it's not going to be the end of the world", Beca moves her chair closer to her son. "When are you thinking of singing it to her?"

"Well you know Mom is hosting this graduation party", Liam laughs at Beca rolling her eyes.

"Know about it? It's all she talks about right now", Beca chuckles to herself thinking about the long list of jobs her wife has given her. "That's in like two weeks time, are you sure you want to do it then?"

Liam sighs again staring down at his guitar, "When did you know you liked Mom more than just as friends?"

"Your Mom has had a hold on me from the day we met", Beca smirks as she reminisces about her own high school days. Glancing back at her son she notices him still staring into space and looking deep in thought and quickly realises that her answer hasn't helped him. She places her hand on his knee, "But there was one moment when I almost lost her that changed my whole mindset and I had to work really hard to keep hold of her"

Liam smiles back at his Mom, "So you messed up and had to win her over? Doesn't sound like much has changed"

Beca grabs his guitar rolling her eyes again, "You want my help or not?"

"Yes please", he quickly grabs a sheet of paper folded in his back pocket to show his Mom. "This is what I have so far, I just need to work out the middle bridge"

...

Around an hour later Beca and Liam returned to the house from her office. The older Mitchell walked into the kitchen finding her wife chopping up vegetables for dinner. Wrapping her arms round the redhead's waist Beca places small kisses along Chloe's shoulder, feeling her wife relax instantly in her arms. "Our son is in love", she mumbles quietly to Chloe, careful that the rest of the house didn't hear them.

"Oh god", Chloe turned round hooking her arms round her brunette's neck. "When did the kids grow up so fast? Charlie and Dean have been together almost 2 years now"

Beca rolled her eyes, "Yeah don't remind me"

The redhead smirked and kissed her wife softly. "You like him so stop", she walked over to the cupboard to take out some plates, "She could of picked someone a lot worse"

"Yeah, yeah you're right.. as always", Beca winked at her before moving to help get cutlery ready to lay the table. "I wanna go back to the time when they was little, innocent and needed no one else but us and each other"

"Instead we are two weeks from having high school graduates living in our house until they go to college in summer", Chloe sighed and Beca immediately put down what she was holding to walk over and embrace her wife.

"They're going to be just fine and they're not going to be alone", the music producer kisses the top of Chloe's head, holding her a little bit longer knowing that the redhead was finding it difficult letting go.