Weeds - Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

Elliott yawned his arm removing itself from me and I turned to face him. He rubbed at his eyes before giving me a crooked grin. 

"Well good morning to you too Miss.Riley." 

"Morning." I mumbled before turning onto my front and yawning loudly into the pillow. 

Elliott got up from bed stretching as he walked over to the door, opening it with what resembled a groan and a 'what?' 

A girl with ginger hair and cat eyed sunglasses stood on the porch of our cabin, I peaked out from my pillow. 

The girl from the beach. 

She had a towel on her shoulder , her polkadot pink bikini on display. An African American girl with the most spectacular legs I had ever seen stood beside her, followed by a blonde with a bob hair cut. 

"Hi!" The ginger greeted. 

"Hello." Elliott said back and I could see him shifting his weight onto his left foot. 

"Elliott, right? You didn’t come by to the bonfire tonight but you should definitely come down to the beach with us today." 

"Maybe later."  

The girl peeked over his shoulder her eyes catching mine , "You can even bring your friend." 

The girl left after exchange a few words and Elliott closed the door, "How does she know where we're staying?" 

"She seems like a stalker to me." 

"Speaking of stalkers, why were you in my bed? Did little Riley have a night mare?" He joked. 

I pushed myself up from the bed to see him better, he was oblivious of what had happened, I nodded, "Something like that." 

He nodded and grabbed his suitcase placing it on the edge of the bed. He grabbed a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and underwear before heading into the bathroom. 

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and grabbed my own clothes. I un paused the T.V and watched a bit more of the movie that I had fallen asleep to the night before. 

When I was showered, dry and dressed Elliott was too. 

We headed out, in mutual agreement that we needed the sun.  

I tapped Elliott's arm as he finished locking the door, "Tag, you're it." I smiled dorkily and ran off into the trail , I heard Elliott come after me, "You're going to pay for that Riley!"  

I ran down the path avoiding the random walker and slightly shoving them aside. 

 I looked back to see Elliott was only a few heads behind me, I laughed and continued sprinting out of the foresty area, as soon as I hit the sand I knew that if I didn’t run as fast as possible he would get me. 

I could help the smile that spread onto my face , the wind whipping me making my eyes water. 

The sand seeping in through the rims of my converse slowed my down but I kept going until I felt someone push me down but with excellence was able to flip us before we landed so that they fell underneath me, Elliott quickly pushed me over so that he over me. 

Men and their pride. 

I smiled up at him , his pearly white teeth twinkling. 

"Riley?" He asked softly, he inched closer. 

"Yeah?" I asked half breathless from running and half from him being so close to me. 

The corner of his lip quirked up, he held himself off me and tapped my nose with his finger, "You're it."