Weeds - Chapter Nine

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

"I spy with my little eye something blue." I said looking out of the window. 

"The sky." Said Elliott sounding very annoyed. 

It was Sunday morning , and Elliott had decided to go in the car with West and I. 

He was not happy about it. 

I turned back in the seat of West's Ford Fiesta, giving Elliott a smile that could reach Australia. 

He mimicked a smile glaring at me, I turned around smiling to myself. 

Music was blaring from the cars speakers and I was thankful because the level of awkward in this car without music would be un bearable.  

Elliott had his arms crossed over his chest and he was glaring straight ahead at West's head rest. West and I were wearing casual attire, he wore white shorts and a navy blue polo. I was wearing jean Capri's and a white shirt. Elliott on the hand looked absolutely adorable , if adorable was even the right word to describe what he looked like. He had black jeans, a white v-neck and a black blazer, his hair was carelessly tousled as always but there was something about the way it was tousled that wasn't as careless as usual. 

I thought it was cute how he got all dolled up for a date.  

Sam seemed like a really nice girl, and although I hadn't known Elliott for much time I knew he deserved the best of the best. 

"What kind of art show are we going to?"I asked West. 

West had been trying to make conversation the entire ride but Elliott didn't seem keen on doing the same.  

West turned his head smiling at me his reflective aviators shimmering, golden cheeks held dimples the size of Jelly Beans, "It's an art gallery called The Hive in downtown, its colourful and eccentric , you'll love it." 

I smiled softly, he seemed so innocent.  

I could hear the wind whip the windshield as we cruised down the dirt road, we weren't on the highway since there was so much traffic.  

I looked back at Elliott but he was glaring out the window. 

When we got to the city Elliott demanded to be dropped off on a random street, when he was about to get out of the car I reached back grabbing his arm. 

He glared at me. 

"What's your number? I need it for when we go home." 

"I'll call you." He said trying to pry his arm away. 

"No you won't, what's your number?" 

He groaned loudly, "Fine," I handed him my phone and he punched something in handing it back. 

I smiled triumphantly as he got out of the car, he nodded towards West who nodded back. When Elliott closed the door West spoke, "I think he likes me." 

I looked at West raising an eyebrow and we both broke out in laughter. 

The rest of the ride was filled with mindless chatter and no silence, by the time we got down town it was an hour after lunch time and the exhibit didn't start until three. West offered for us to get lunch, he said that he knew of a cute little pizza shop in the heart of down town, the pizza was apparently really greasy.  

Everyone knows greasy pizza is the best pizza. 

The pizza place was a purple colored studio apartment building on the first floor. It had an animated pizza with legs on the window.