Chapter 26 - Trapped Inside

Start from the beginning

"Don't do anything stupid! Let her go" Roy yelled but Bracken didn't even flinch.

He kicked behind him and the door flew open. He went through and closed the door behind us. He kept his hand around my neck but now he quickly dragged me with him, it was easier for me to walk now since we didn't go backwards anymore. We walked through a hall until we reached a door which led to the backside of the building. He let go a little of his grip and I could finally breath for real again, the black spots didn't disappear to my annoyance. I though about Rick, I wondered where he had gone. At least I hoped he was safe, and so was Alexis and Martha who were still in Paris. And as long as they were safe everything was okay. Bracken then let me go and I was surprised by the sudden release, until I felt har material towards the back of my head leading me towards the ground. The darkness took over in no time and I found no way to beat it in time.

I walked into the room and watched as Alexis ran around the room with her lazertag gun in her hands. She ran and hid behind the couch before she looked at me.

"Kate! she screamed happily and that's when I saw Rick peak out from behind the kitchen island.

I laughed and she waved me to come over. I went to her and wen I knelt she hugged me tight, I hugged her back before she pulled away to make sure Rick wasn't trying to sneak up on her while I was there to distract her. When she determined he was still at the kitchen she turned to me again.

"You wanna join and help me destroy dad?" she asked with a small smirk on her face.

I chuckled and thought about it. I nodded and leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"I'll go distract him, you come from the right corner of the island and shoot him okay?" I asked and she giggled before nodding.

I stood up and walked over to the island where Rick still peaked up to see me go over to him. When I got behind it he had a big smile on his face and I bent down to sit on my knees before him.

"Hi babe, I said and his smiled widened before he leaned forward and kissed my lips.

"Hi, so how was your day out shopping with Lanie and Ryan's girlfriend?" he asked with curious eyes.

"Jenny, and it was great, haven't had so fun in years" I said and I heard Alexis moving some.

I saw something in Rick's eyes telling me he was about to check her so I leaned forward and put my lips on his. He immediately kissed me back and I couldn't help but get enchanted with the kiss myself. The kiss quickly deepened and my hand went up to his cheek. I remembered my mission and opened my eyes. I saw Alexis behind Rick and I smiled into the kiss. She pointed her lasergun at her dad and laughed. Rick spun around, our lips ripping apart and she shot him. I stood up and joined her adorable laughter as I went over to her and shared a high five.

"You distracted me?!" Rick exclaimed and I looked at him.

"What is it Rick? I have no idea what you're talking about" I teased him and he narrowed his eyes at me.

Alexis blowed on the tip of her lasergun and I tousled her hair as she stood beside me.

"That's cheating you know" he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Like I said, I have absolute" I walked towards him "no idea" I leaned in to whisper in his ear "what you're talking about" I quickly walked away from him and Alexis giggled behind us.

I walked towards the couch but before I could get there I felt one pair of arms sweeping me up in bridal style. I let go of a scream and I heard Alexis laugh from wherever she was watching the scene. I felt Rick's lasergun in the side of my body, he still had the gear on him. I put my arms around his neck and I looked into his eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked and I couldn't believe how soft my voice sounded.

"How about letting me get back at you, join the game" he said with a voice which I had hard to say no to, and he knew it.

"And why would I?" I asked and winked at him.

"Oh, afraid of defeat now are we?" he asked with a competetive voice.

I narrowed my eyes and I heard Alexis come closer to us.

"Please play with us Kate" she said and I looked at her.

"Yeah, please, Kate, play with us" Rick said and I turned my head to him again.

I narrowed my eyes further at him and I opened my mouth.

"Oh, you're on!" I said and before he let me down he pecked my lips.

Alexis shouted out in happiness and took my hand dragging me towards Rick's office. She picked out the lasertag gear they had bought for me and I put it on.

"You're on my team right?" I asked her and she looked into the other room before she turned back her gaze at me.

"Girlpower" she said and held out for a fistbump.

I chuckled and fistbumped her small hand before we returned into the living room and hid behind some of the shelves.

"You two ready for some action?" Rick shouted out from the other side of the room.

"Bring it on!" me and Alexis said at the same time and we begun the endless game were we all ended up on the floor laughing at the of the round.

Alexis yawned big and I smiled at her.

"Time to go to bed sweetie" I said and kissed her cheek.

"But mom, I'm not tired" she said and Rick looked at me with a cute smile.

"Time for bed pumpkin, we can play more tomorrow" he said and Alexis gave in.

I took Alexis in my arms since I figured she was too tired to walk on her own. Rick took both her and mine gear to go and put them away. I walked up to her room and put her down in the bed. When she laid down she held onto my hand so I sat down on the bedside.

"Good night sweetie" I said and kissed her forehead.

"Please don't leave me Kate" she said and I got confused.

"Why would I leave you?" I asked and looked at her with a frightened look.

What was she talking about?

"Kate, you mean too much to us, dad loves you. Loves you. And I would love to have you as a mom, please don't leave us" she said, her voice clearer now.

"Sweetie, I'm not gonna leave you" I tried to assure her.

"Kate, please don't die, I can't bare to loose you, and I know my dad feels the same" she cried and I had no idea what to do.

What was she talking about? I was not dying, was I? I looked down at my body and then up to Alexis again. Only she was gone. And so was the bed and everything else. I was standing in darkness. The only thing that was there was Alexis's voice telling me not to leave her. She told me over and over how much I meant to her and her dad. I tried to find out what was happening but I couldn't find my own body. I had lost all control. I was starting to get afraid.

"Kate" Alexis said and sobbed before continuing "Kate I love you, please don't leave me" she cried and somehow that sentence was the last thing I needed to hear to immediately being pulled out of the darkness.