Chapter 19 - Endless Walking

The sun was starting to rise and I was still walking. I had gotten pretty far and my feet hurt, especially my bad one. I wasn't crying anymore, but not because I had gotten over it or wasn't sad anymore. I had stopped crying because I didn't have any more tears to spill. I tried not to get attention, kept as low profile as I could possibly do. I figured and hoped with all of my heart that Rick would know better than put out that pic of me again, he knew more now so he wouldn't be that stupid. I was lost in my thoughts while I walked, though I did try to keep an eye out so that no one was following me or anything. My thoughts where pretty far away from the street I was walking on. My thoughts where in one certain loft, with a guy I had come to love in just a couple of days. In my thoughts I was back in time, about seven hours back. To the time when his hands where all over my body. To the time when his naked skin was touching mine. To the time my whole body was electrified and all my worries were gone. I already missed that experience. I was wondering why it couldn't have lasted longer. Why couldn't I have stayed longer? Why did I have to be in a life threatening danger? Why couldn't I get my happy ending? Those were the questions circling around my head while I kept on walking even though my feet were hurting from hours ago. Suddenly I bumped into someone.

"Sorry" I mumbled before I quickly continued walking.

To my surprise the person didn't call for the police or called out anything after me. Then I remembered that the clothes I had on me didn't apply for me being a homeless anymore, which was probably why the person never bothered to try blame me for anything. I found an alley where no people where around, so I looked around and walked into it. I sat down beside one of the big garbage cans and I felt my feet hurt even more. Suddenly I could feel tears in my eyes again and it didn't take long before they started streaming down my face again. I put my head in my hands and sobbed quietly. Before I knew it I had slipped into a darkness no one could control but the subconscious of mine.

Rick stood in front of me, he had tears in his eyes and so did I. He walked towards me and closed the empty space between us.

"Why did you leave me?" he asked hurtful and I cried out my answer.

"I can't let you put yourself through that danger, I can't let you die, I can't live without you. I rather die myself than let you or anyone of the people I've met through you get hurt or possibly die because of me" I cried out and he took my hands in his.

His strong, warm hands held mine as if I was fragile and he stroke his thumbs on the back of my hand in gentle circles. He looked down at my face and our waterfilled eyes met.

"I love you Kate, I don't ever want to leave you. And I don't ever want to loose you" he said and it made my tears stream down my cheeks.

"I love you too Rick, that's why I did this, please forgive me. Don't hate me, it's for your own good" I pleaded and he hushed me.

"Kate, I could never hate you. It's not possible to hate someone you love as much as I love you" he said and I stood on my toes and let our lips touch.

He kissed me and soon we somehow ended up in Rick's bed. He was on top of me and his body was pressed into mine. My hands where in his hair and his hands were all over my body. My shirt was soon off and so was his pants. When I started pull off his shirt I heard a shot and I saw something red come out from Rick's chest. I screamed and pushed him off me so I could quickly push my shirt to his wound. The blood streamed out of his chest and I saw he was trying to tell me something. His eyes looked into mine and I was crying.

"Stay with me Rick, please, stay with me" I kept on saying but I saw the life leave his eyes.

"Kate? What happened? Dad!" I heard a small voice screaming and Alexis jumped up on the bed on the other side of Rick.