Chapter 4 - Running Away

Since I had already eaten my breakfast I decided to just walk around on the street looking around at people. I loved watching them, not in a creepy way. Just look at them and make up stories for why they are dressed as they are, why they're walking in which direction and who they might be talking to over the phone. I guess my loneliness had payed itself with giving me the imagination I now had. An imagination I didn't have before. A girl walked past me with a friend planning her wedding. I smiled at the opportunities she had. What dress to wear, what kind of flowers to get. How to have her hair, straight, curls or up in a beautiful master piece. Maybe she was nervous about saying the vows in front of all the people that was definitely going to be in the church. Maybe she had second thoughts.

As I walked lost in thoughts about the plans a wedding requires I happened to walk into a man who's coffee was suddenly all over him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" he screamed and I looked down.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled and he waved to someone.

When I looked at the direction he had waved I saw two police men coming our way. My heart started pounding and I couldn't think. I pushed my way from the man and I started running away. I had always had a great fitness and I knew how to run to come up in the fastest speed you were able to get into. I tried to avoid big crowds and when I couldn't I pushed myself through breathing "excuse me" for each push.

"Police! Stop!" the two men screamed but I continued to run.

I knew they wouldn't shoot me, they wouldn't waste their bullets on a homeless person who didn't do anything more than walk into a man, plus they wouldn't risk shooting the other people around me. I ran as fast as I could and after a few minutes I glanced back. I couldn't spot the police men so I stopped to catch my breath. I went into an alley and leaned against the wall. Suddenly I heard them. The footsteps on my both sides. I looked to my right and there stood one of the police men with his gun pointing at me, I looked to my left and saw the other guy there. I held my hands up in surrender.

"You're coming with us" the one on the right said.

He was a bit darker in the skin and he looked kinda military, he really knew how to hide his personalities when he was on duty. The other guy was the opposite and looked like he could be a really nice person when he wasn't on duty. The one on my left handcuffed me and they lead me away.

"All I did was bump into a guy and spill his coffee" I defended myself.

"You sure about that? Cause he said you were trying to steal his coffee and the wallet he had in his pocket" the military-looking guy said.

I was shocked but not surprised. I had heard this kind of stuff happen to other homeless people. They hadn't done anything wrong yet they were arrested cause the upper class had nothing better to do than tell lies to the police. We got to the police station and they put me into holding.

"You get one phone call, be sure to use it wisely" the kind-looking guy said.

"I don't have anyone" I mumbled and he looked at me like he wondered what I had said.

I just shook my head and sat down on the floor. I pulled out my chain and held onto the ring. I looked into the diamond and wished I had kept my eyes on were I had been walking instead of loosing into the daydreaming.

"You know, that ring looks like you could bail yourself out" the kind-looking guy suddenly said and I looked up at him with disgust.

"In your dreams, you'll never touch it" I hissed and he looked at me with surprise.

"Yo, Ryan, she used her call yet?" the military-looking guy asked coming into the holding.

"No, she says she doesn't have anyone" the kind-looking guy, Ryan, answered and they looked at me.

"Then we should put out a photo on her, maybe someone's missing her" the military-looking guy said.

"No!" I exclaimed and the two looked at me with surprised faces. "Please, don't" I said more calmly.

They looked at each other and shared a look I didn't understand.

"Miss, are you in some trouble you haven't told us?" Ryan asked.

I just shook my head. I didn't want to tell them, they were cops.

"Miss, if you don't tell us we can't help you" the military-looking guy said and he seemed much sweeter than he had before.

Then it hit me.

"Wait, there's one person I know, I don't know his last name but his first name i Richard, he has a daughter who's name is Alexis and I know where he lives" I talked fast.

"Wow, slow the horses okay? Tell us the address and we'll get a hold of him" Ryan said.

I told them the address and while Ryan went to check on it the military-guy stayed with me. I leant towards tha wall and fiddled with my ring. I could feel the gaze lay on me from the military-guy but I tried my best to ignore it. It didn't work that good though cause his gaze really go to me.

"What do you want?" I asked grumpy.

"I want to know what scares you, we can and will protect you. Is it a dealer? Or something else?" he asked nicely.

I snorted. "Yeah right."

"Hey" he said, getting my attention. "We'll do our best for someone who needs help" he said and I saw in his eyes that he meant it.

"Found him, Richard Castle, he's on his way in right now" Ryan said coming back.

The guy nodded and I sighed. Now I wasn't going to get rid of him that easy as walk to my roof. Maybe I hadn't been able to get away from him eitherway since he knew where my roof was, and unless other people he was able to climb up the ladder.

"Wait, that guy isn't the one giving you trouble right?" the military-guy asked and I looked up at him.

"No, no, not at all" I said shaking my head.

He nodded and the two went out of the holding. My eyes landed on the ring again. If only she could've been here, if only that day had never happened. Then I wouldn't have felt so alone right now.

A/N:

Hope you like my story so far, feel free to leave a comment xoxo