Chapter 18 - Fright

"I-I..." I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes "guess we're soulmates, huh?" I said and he laughed nervously. "I think, I think I'm falling in love with you too" I said and I could see his relief in his eyes before he leaned forward and let our lips touch.

This time it was me who deepened the kiss. Without thinking, or really deciding anything, I let myself slowly fall on my back on the couch. Rick followed me down and landed on top of me. I liked the way his body moved against mine, liked the feeling it shot through my body. I let my fingers tangle in his hair and his hands went down my body, feeling my every inch. He was gentle, though, not pushing anything. With other words, not pushing me to do anything I wasn't sure of. He really was too good to me, and I had no idea how the hell I could've ended up with him. How did he find me that day? Where was he really going? I had no idea, and I wasn't sure I wanted to know. The important was that he had found me that day, that he had followed me and continued trying to get through the walls I'd had up when we first met. His tongue brushed lightly on my lower lip asking for permission, I quickly let him in and his taste filled my mouth. My head got dizzy and I could only think of him. How much I wanted him. How much I needed him. How much I had fallen in love with him. It was all him. All this time I had been hiding I had never even thought for once that I would one day find a guy who would fight to keep me safe, to keep me from running away again. A guy who wanted me for me, no matter what I was. I had been, still was, a homeless person. Yet he had come to my rescue and somehow made me feel safe again. He pulled away gently and started kissing my neck. I tried to catch my breath and I had a hard time not moaning from the satisfaction his lips were doing. Suddenly my belly growled and I blushed. Rick pulled away with a chuckle and looked down at me.

"Guess someone's hungry, huh?" he asked and I blushed.

I put my hand around his neck and pulled him down to crash my lips on his again. He chuckled against me but kissed me back. For a second time my belly growled and made Rick chuckle even more. He pulled away and before removing himself from me he pecked my lips.

"Let's get some dinner, shall we?" he said and gave me a hand.

I took it and he pulled me up to my feet. He pulled me into the kitchen and let go of my hand once we were behind the island. He turned around and opened the fridge to see if he could find something to eat. I placed myself behind him and peeked inside from his right arm.

"What do you feel like?" he asked and glanced down at me.

"I don't know, I'm not really hungry" I said and my belly growled for a third time.

I sighed and clenched my eyes, he wouldn't let that slip.

"You're hungry, you can and will eat" he said and looked inside the fridge again.

I mumbled 'fine' and he sighed and then shine up like he got an idea before closing the door and going to a cabinet and opened it. He took out a box on which said 'macaroni and cheese'. I looked at it with big eyes and I could feel Rick's gaze upon me.

"You don't like macaroni and cheese?" he asked a little worried.

I stumbled across my words when I opened my mouth to answer him.

"N-no it's not that, my-uhm... my mom used to make that to me when I was a kid and was home sick from school" I explained and he got why I had had so big eyes staring at the box.

He looked at the box before looking at me again.

"Does that make you not wanting it or do you want some?" he asked carefully.

I stared at the box. The taste from it had so many wonderful memories of my past life, a life I missed too much to be able to describe it.

"I haven't eaten it for ages, yes I want some" I answered and I smiled at him.