| Killua + Reader | Warmth (AU)

Comincia dall'inizio

The boy's blue eyes widened in shock at the unexpected* sound, staring on in awe at the new face pressed against the window on the other side, only partially blurred by the fog from the person's breath. Their gaze met and the woman smiled softly. She waved her hand in greeting, but before the demon could respond she had pointed to her side before disappearing there.

The sound of a door opening echoed through the air and a kind, although muffled, voice rang.

"Over here please!" She called out to him from where she stood, her eyes bright with genuine concern. "I would hate to see you catch a cold!"

And for the briefest second, Killua could have sworn he had felt the warmth he was admiring moments before brush pass him like a soothing breeze.

It felt nice he decided.

Now, did Killua feel particularly bad about ruining the woman's once cozy couch with the rainwater on his body? Yes technically, but only because of how gross and uncomfortable he felt as he was forced to remain on the damp piece of furniture as the young woman dried his hair with a towel. The demon's pale face contorting to a grimace as she continued to ruffle his white hair.

It was going to be such a mess...

"Alright! Alright! Isn't that enough already?! This is the driest it's gonna get y'know!"

Brought out of her state of concentration, the woman flinched* back in response to his loud tone. Biting her lips in shame as she swiftly folded the towel away.

"Sorry about that, I hope I didn't hurt you," she apologized to the albino. "I tried to be gentle I swear, but I also didn't want to take up too much time."

"Huh??" The boy exacerbated. "It didn't hurt, and even if it did I can take plenty of pain so it's fine."

A look of confusion flashed in the woman's eyes before disappearing as she snapped her finger* in alarm. "Oh right," she gasped. "You should sit by the fire to dry off instead. Like I said, I would hate for you to catch a cold."

Shrugging at her suggestion, Killua did as told anyway.

"Yeah sure," he sighed, following her instructions as he never did like the sensation of clothes clinging onto his skin. "Oh by the way, do you have the chocolate robots I left in this house before you moved in? 'Cause the whole reason I came inside was to have them back sooo."

The woman closed her eyes in thought for a few seconds before snapping her fingers once more, a smile stretched upon her lips. "Oh right those! I can bring you a few but I won't be able to carry them all here, is that fine for now?"

Killua shrugged, "Yeah sure, I don't have another place to store all of them anyway. I'll let you keep them here if you promise not to eat them though."

The woman giggled and turned around, "I'll go get them then. You stay by the fire alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. Shoo now."

Hearing the echo of her quiet chuckle leaving the room, Killua began to relax, taking the time to take in the atmosphere around him for once. His nose had picked up the scent of baked goods nearby along with some strange herbal flagrance if he were to focus hard enough. He looked back to the fire crackling still before him, providing the room with heat. Too much heat actually, and as comforting as this house is, the temperature it harbored was plain unnatural.