| Killua + Reader | Warmth (AU)

AU:
Scenery wise it's like HxH and it takes place in a rural town/forest. There are also demons.

Premise:
"Where the little demon Killua bonds with a sickly young woman who lives in the woods."

It was an April afternoon, and perhaps somewhere, a fox was being wedded.

That is to say there was a sun shower.

And with his white hair drenched by rain, the forest ground now soft beneath his treading feet, Killua, a small demon, was making his way towards his favorite hideaway for when the weather wasn't in his favor. That place being an old abandoned cottage of which hadn't seen human residence for god knows how many decades.

But Killua liked it there, its structure had remained sturdy despite the lack of care and there didn't seem to be any leaks. Sure it was dusty as the boy never bothered cleaning the place, but it did its job serving as a safe place for him to hide his chocolate robots. Perhaps the only real flaw with the place was how isolating it could feel.

"What the actual hell?"

Though that might not be the case from now on.

The once faded house was now layered with a new coat of paint, flowers, and a variety of bushes planted in its yard, there was even a birdbath set outside. His blue eyes catching the sight of smoke rising from its chimney, Killua found himself growing curious as to who now lives in his now potentially ex-hideaway.

And whether or not he should kill them...

Lacking the patience to walk up to the door, the small demon chose to climb over the fence instead. Approaching the window and finding it to not be blocked by curtains, he took a close look at the inside of the residence.

The room was dimly lit, the sole source of the light being the crackling fireplace that blazed on in the living room. The oak wood walls were lit well by its orange lights and there was a shadow that was carved through it. A shadow of a woman; with her figure wrapped in a wooly blanket and a steaming mug of something savory clutched in her hands.

The house looked warm Killua noted, and eventually, he too sighed, though out of frustration instead.

What was he to do now?

A little part of him actually didn't want to kill the young woman inside there, she was taking care of the place after all, and if she were dead it would just revert back to how it was before. Surely there existed some kind of compromise he can achieve that could benefit both parties significantly.

Tch, talk about wishful thinking.

Closing his eyes, Killua summoned his claws and took a deep breath, fighting back the urge to start second-guessing himself on this.

*Knock! Knock!*

"Gah!"