《Chapter 12》 'Replaced..?'

*3rd person Pov*

Jake frowned. He already knew his mother was going to make him walk to school with Gabriel. He started to pace back and forth in his room, trying to find any excuse not to.

That's when his gaze landed on his window. It was perfect! There was a window ledge not to far down. Jake smiled as he grabbed his backpack, putting anything he would need for school in it.

He then slipped it over his back, and opened the window. He looked downwards to see if there was anyone outside. Lucky for him there wasn't.

He climbed out, and eventually was hanging from the window ledge. He slowly let go and his feet landed on the first floor window ledge. However his mother was in the kitchen, facing away from him.

Jake hurriedly jumped off and ran to the front of the house. He pulled out his phone and checked the time. Crap! 6:27!! Gabriel will be leaving any minute now! I better start running."

Jake griped his phone tightly, and started to take of. Running down the side walk.

After at least ten minutes of running. He checked his phone. And as expected multiple texts from his mother asking where he was.

"Hey Jake!" A voice yelled from behind him. Jake froze worried about it being Gabriel. He swallowed and looked behind him. "Hey Luke!" He said as he let out a relieved breath.

"Umm Jake are you okay? You look relieved?" Luke asked him. Jake got tense, deciding to tell him or not. 'He's my friend he won't tell anyone...."

Jake breathed once more. "I was hoping you weren't my cousin...he's the new student..." Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Why don't you want to walk with him?" Luke asked him. Luke wasn't mad at Jake, or jumped to conclusions like others would. He knew he had a reason too.

"Well...." Jake started. "He used to bully me.... in.... in primary school....." Luke eyes widened in surprise. But then softed. "It's alright Jake I'm here for you know matter what!" He said as he put a hand on Jake's shoulder.

Jake would be lying if he said he didn't blush at all when Luke had but his hand on his shoulder. He did. But only enough to be slightly visible.

Jake smiled at Luke. "Well then let's get to school!" Luke yelled as he grabbed Jake's wrist, and started to run towards the school. But little did Jake realise that Luke had been moving his hand closer and closer to his palm.
________________________________________

When they got to school no one was there except for a few teachers and students. One of those students however was Drew, and next to him was..... Gabriel!!!

'What!!! How is this possible! I left before hi- .....mom.... my mom must have gave him a ride!!" Jake thought bitterly.

"Jake!?" Luke questioned. "Hun!" Jake immediately looked up forgetting about his cousin for a little while. "You seem angry are you okay?" Jake only sighed. And looked over towards Drew, and his stupid cousin.

"You know who Drew is right?" Luke only nodded. "Well.... that's my cousin... the one standing next to him..." Jake said bitterly.

"Oh.... and, and he's with your best friend?" Luke asked understanding why Jake was angry.

Jake only nodded. He didnt want to lose his friends.... he didn't want to repeat what had happened..... but now he had other people then Drew, Liam, and Henry... to where if he were to take his best friends away... he'd still have his other friends....

Jake smiled softly at the thought....'He'd never be alone again...'
________________________________________

"Ugh! Jake I don't understand why you like being with those music freaks!" Drew groaned.

Jake sighed Gabriel wasn't with them lucky... apparently Drew and been annoyed by Gabriel's attitude, and utter hatred for Jake. So he cut ties with him after five minutes of talking to the guy.

And to say Jake was relieved would be an understatement. But that didn't mean it would end the constant complains about him being in the "Freak Club".

Jake sighed. "Why can't you guys just expect the fact that in in it..." he grumbled. "I mean Herny your obsessed with anime! And I don't say anything about that. Liam you like older woman, which I find a bit werid. And Drew..."

"Drew... we've been friends the longest, why can't you just expect that I like something you don't....?" He looked at all three they all had guilty looks on there faces.

Jake looked up at the clock, and sighed. "I got music practice see ya later..."