《Chapter 11》 'Child Memorys Aren't Always Happy Ones..'

*Jake Pov*

"G-Gabriel..." I stuttered. "What are you doing here..." my eyes narrowed angrily. My mom sighed. "I thought you would react like this..."

I just started at her in disbelief. "Of course I'd react like this! He ruined my life!" I yelled. "That was years ago!" she argued. "You were in first grade!"

*Flashback...*

"Gabriel I can't wait for music!" I cheered. "Yup me too! I love to sing!" We both laughed and entered the classroom. "Everyone sit down on the carpet." Miss Clover said softly.

We all listened to her, and sat down on the colorful rug. "Now... who wants to sing first?" Gabriel's and my hand went straight up.

"Gabriel! Why don't you go first! Jake you can go after." Garbriel walked up, next to Miss Clover. He cleared his throat and started to sing.

Lately I've been...

I've been thinking...

I want you to be happier...

I want you to be happier~

When the morning comes...

When we've seen what we've become...

In the cold light of day, were a flame in the wind...

Not the fire, that we.... begun~

Every agreement, every word we can't take back...

Cause with all that has happened, I think we both know the way the story~ ends.

Then only for a minute~

I want to change my mind cause this just don't feel right to me...

I want to raise your spirits~

I want to see you smile...

Know that means I'll have to leave...

When Gabriel finished his last line everyone began to clap, including me. "Wonderful Gabriel! Just wonderful!" Miss Willow cheered.

Gabriel sat down next to me looking smug. I gave him a smile. "Jake it's your turn to sing now." Miss Wiilow told me. I looked over to Gabriel, with a grin. "Wish me luck." I said before getting up and walking towards Miss Willow.

I took a deep breath, and began to sing one of my favorite songs.

I'm sorry but...

Don't want to talk...

I need a moment before I go....

Its nothing per-sonal~

I draw the blinds... they don't need to see me cry~