Familiar

"Whenever it rains, it aches."
Is probably a quote from a broken hearted bitch to all the lonely people out there. There was something about being soaked wet in rain that made him tired and sleepy but he couldn't point it out exactly.

the rain elicits such a barrage of emotions. Especially when it  is inundatory and new. The first rain exposes this range of emotions and feelings. Those emotions are quiet familiar but he can't really put them into words.

Seokjin stood there, holding his umbrella which was constantly slipping or falling to sides because of his weak grip on it, he was imagining a life where he could remember everything like a normal human and carry on without feeling that there's something missing. Every single day.

"How much longer are you planning to stand out there? It's raining and you're going to catch a cold."
He slowly turned only to be greeted by Hoseok's radiant smile which somehow matched his white lab coat.
"You came?"
"I did. And brought your favourite gummy bear with me to cheer you up. Let's go inside now."
"Can we get some coffee first? Before seeing....Taehyung I mean?"
"Of course...but are you sure you want to do it? You can just go to the funeral."
"I need to. I didn't leave Jeonseok with Ahin and woke you up at 11pm. To chicken in the end...I am getting an iced  coffee. How about you Seok?"
"Mocha will do it for me."

__________________________________

"Child, didn't your mother nurse you enough of her milk?"
Jungkook refused to let go of the paper cup without licking the last drop of milk out of it.
"She did and she also mentioned that I should keep drinking it if I don't want to be short as fuck."
"YOU-"
Jimin aggressively grabbed the necklace around his neck, ready to use it as a gallow.
"Please refrain from making too much noises, the patient should stay asleep for at least a week."
Both adults bowed multiple times in apology,  dropping back in their seats with a hint of embarrassment and regret on their faces.
"Sorry hyung."
"It's alright. You did nothing you giant rabbit."
Jimin gently passed his hand on Jungkook's head and through his hair, paying an extra attention to his tangled locks.

"Am sorry we did our best to save him and we did , but he will be in coma for a while."
The doctor's statement after the surgery was a relief and mischief in the same time but at least Taehyung is alive and their red string was never cut.

"You're doing it again."
"Doing what?"
"Bouncing your legs nervously...How about you return home?"
"Excuse me what?"
"Jungkook, Tae is unconscious, the two of us can take turns on watching him. Plus your hair is so tangled I almost mistook you for a jungle man."
"Yah!"
"Jungkook, go take a shower, eat something, have a nap."
"It's too late and there's no taxi around."
"Is that it?"
"Yes."
He snatched the phone from Jk's hand and pressed the first number he saw, what's more mind blowing is that he took time talking to that person.
"Prepare yourself, Namjoon is coming to pick you up you lazy shit."
"How?"
"I also told him to take care of you because you had a rough day."
"I'll quickly grab a coffee from the cafeteria, my eyes are barely opened."
"Hurry up."

______________________________

"That's not what you ordered." Hoseok tapped his drink with the extra straw they gave him. "You wanted an icy drink not a mini volcano in the cup." Seokjin offered a small side smile before a failed attempt to hold the extremely hot drink with one hand.
"It's alright, this is good as well. Plus haven't you seen how sleepy the worker was?"
"Here drink some of my mocha."

They ended up sharing drinks while drowning in a comfortable silence. For the first time since they stepped in the hospital, Jin's heart calmed down and was beating normally.

"Buddy there look like he's having a rough night."
"He does."
"Wait where are you going?"
"Just a minute."

Seokjin approached the man. Although half of his face was hidden because of his cap, he could tell from the soft snoring that he was sleeping. Head against the wall, drink apparently still hot and hasn't been touched yet.
"Sir." He softly whispered, resting a hand on his arm and , holy jesus, the muscles there.

The stranger mumbled something in his sleep without opening his eyes but Jin heard his voice. Loudly and clear.
"Ex-cuse me...Please wake up."
Back to no response.
He better leave him alone.

"Ah Seokjin ah time to leave. Yoon just texted me to go up." Hoseok was collecting his stuff and wearing the coat while speaking.
"Jin did you- why are you crying?"
"I don't know just let us leave immediately my heart is aching."
"I'll tell them to check you up. Come on."

"You're kidding.I waited for an hour or two in the car and you're here sleeping in the cafeteria."
"Am so sorry hyung."
"Am just playing with you." Namjoon fondly hugged sleepy Jungkook. "Want me to carry you on my back?"
"Hyung stop teasing."
"Well let's go then so you can sleep on an actual bed."
"I saw Seokjin."
"W-"
"In my dreams. He was trying to wake me up as well. It felt realistic."
Joon gave him a small smile and proceeded to walk ahead.

______________________________

"You are ready?"
"Yes."
"He is a family member of Kim Taehyung?" Yoon asked while putting on his gloves. Hoseok nodded, telling Seokjin to stay silent with his eyes.
"Well he passed away without suffering. I hope that give you some condolence."
"Ah yes..Thank you?" Seokjin sounded so uncertain at the end because he saw a car hitting Taehyung...how does someone pass away without suffering after this?
"Well then."

Both Hoseok and Seokjin starred in disbelief at the body.
What in the hell...

"Seokjinnie....You didn't mention mr.Kim was...this old."
"Because he isn't? And that's not Taehyung!"
"Hoseok isn't that the mister's cousin?"
Yoon asked a bit surprised by the situation as well."
"Apparently..no."
"Excuse me...the Kim Taehyung I am looking for is young, in his twenties and had a car accident."
"Doctor, I think that it'll be more useful for both of you to mention Mr.Kim's age  next time you want to look him up cause apparently names got confused."

__________________________

"You're alright?"
"Taehyung is alive. I am so happy. I just can't believe."
"We can still see where he is now."
"Let's just go back, you need to sleep and I need to see my child."
And I have a bad feeling kicking in.

Is his child at home?