Prologue

"Baby pink or neon pink?"
A smiling Jin asked while holding two hoodies up in Jungkook's face.
The 19 years old University student held his boyfriend waist and tackled him down on their shared bed and hovered above him.
"How about nothing?"
"Kookie no!" the man crossed his arms above his chest earning a chuckle from the other.
"ohh my little muffin is getting chubbier each day." he cooed while nuzzling his nose against Seokjin's neck while his hands roamed everywhere on the delicate body. Jin bit his lower lip when he heard the comment.
Should he tell him now...
"Jungkook-ah."
"Yes?"
"I want... Icecream."
"Which flavor?"
"Mint and lemon with chocolate sprinkles on top."
"but baby, you used to dislike these flavors."
"Kookoo~"
"How can I say no to this."

Jungkook opened his eyes slowly to the buzzing of his phone, his throat was extremely dry and there was no water near him.
That dream again...
He wiped the one tear he felt down his cheeks before opening the phone and answering.
"Yes?"
"Sorry to wake you up Kook. New trainees just arrived to the station and we have a lack of trainers." one of his workmates,  Taehyung Kim,  spoke with a worried tone in his voice.
"*Sighs*... Just let me get ready."
"Are you okay?"
"I am... But I'll just take some time to get there...I need to visit someone."

_______________________

Everything in the world freeze in this place. Minutes slowly dies and a morbid silence take over everything.
"How are you muffin?" Jungkook asked while pouring water down the ceramic tombstone,  carefully cleaning the already clean surface,  his fingers tracing the name carefully.
Then he placed the small bouquet of flower he bought on his way on it with a heavy sigh.
"God only knows how am I still breathing while you're not here. I am dying Jin...I am dying but you're not here...you left...without saying goodbye...it's cruel..I save people from fire everyday..but I couldn't do the same for you.."
Jungkook was crying by now,  sniffing back his sobs,  just expressing his pain.
"Why aren't you answering!?!" he shouted desperately,  no luck.

__________________________

"Okay future firefighters,  I want your spirits up,  we're here to save people's life not to play so who can't stick to my strict training,  leave."
Jungkook said while eyeing the nervous trainees intensely,  no one of them spoke but neither backed away.
"Do I take this as a yes? You're ready?"
"Yes sir!" they shouted in one voice and Jungkook nodded.
"Then we have a lot to do."

Taehyung and Jimin smiled at each other while writing down names and listening to their co-workers giving a small lecture about firefighting . Jungkook was the best at handling trainees even tho he was the youngest firefighter in the station.
His passion and strong determination came from a very sad background and fused with past memories.

A malicious fire took someone from him.
So he swear to fight against it and dedicate his life for this.

End of prologue.
To be continued...