Maybe I could tell my parents about Hinata's secret relationship with Kiba...?

Nah. He told me to keep that a secret. I could never betray his trust for my own gain.

Unless... I convince him to spill the beans somehow. I could do it at work since we work the same shift today. Then my parents wouldn't be able to force me with Hinata and they'll stop pestering me to introduce my lover.

That'll work. It has to.

"Sasuke?" I call out to him, wanting to inform him of my plan, "...Hey?... Sasuke?"

Sasuke snores lightly, his grip around my body loosening a bit. He fell asleep... I guess that makes sense, it's 5 am.

I sit up, Sasuke's head resting on my lap. I smooth his hair with my fingers and rub soothing circles in his scalp.

"I'll tell you later."

I drop out of the bed, tucking Sasuke back in again and walking away. I pick up the jar of money and stash it back under the bed. Finally, I depart from his room, passing the multicolored berry stain on the carpet.

Sasuke's parents are still asleep when I slither out the front door, making a risky sprint in the daylight to my bike. I never asked Sasuke but I think he'll be okay with me taking my bike back.

I quickly hop onto my bike and hightail it out of there. The minute my bottom touches the seat, a jolt of pain courses throughout my body. I knew it was too good to be true! I thought I had somehow managed to escape the consequences of last night's events unscathed... but I guess it's inevitable that my ass will hurt.

I pedal swiftly, trying to make it back home before the pain in my rear escalates any further. Luckily, I successfully reach my home and stumble through my bedroom window after parking my bike. Wincing at each move I make, I change back into my pajamas and unlock the bedroom door. I stash away the clothes I was wearing and position myself in bed, the fever rag resting on my forehead.

Right on schedule, my mother bursts through the door and approaches me. I pretend to be sleeping, crossing my fingers under the covers in hopes that she doesn't inquire about the marks on my neck.

"Naruto?" She whispers, "It's time to get up."

I groan and stretch my body, "G' morning..."

"How are you feeling? You stayed in bed all day yesterday..." She asks.

Haha, yeah.

"I-I'm fine. The fever went away, I think." I stutter.

My mother presses her hand to my forehead, "Your body temperature seems alright. Are you sure you're fit to work today?"

"Of course! It's not a bother at all!"

She smiles, "I'm glad you're feeling better. I'll go make you some breakfast."

My mother leaves the room to go prepare me something. A huge weight lifts off my chest and I sigh in relief. That was scary. I hate lying.

I patiently wait for the food, thinking up ideas as to how I would explain the hickeys on my neck if they were to be found out. Well, I could just say that my lover did it since it's technically true. I'll just have to change the pronouns a bit.