chapter 1: accidents and understanding

James POV

I sat in the great hall next to Peter. I was eating my dinner.

"So James. Any luck with Evans over winter?" Sirius asked.

I had been crushing on Lily since 3rd year but this year we became friends and the more I got to know her, the less I liked her.

"Not really interested anymore"I said without really thinking before talking.

"What?! But mate you've been after her for 4 years! What happened?" Sirius exclaimed.

"Just the more I know about her, the less I like her. I just don't feel the same anymore" I said finishing my food.

"I'll see you guys in the dorm I have to go talk to Minnie for a minute." I said getting up.

"Hey Potter~" I heard someone say, seductively behind me.

"Oh, hey, Lily what's up?" I said a little awkwardly.

"Not much. So I was wondering if the rumors were real?" She asked.

"Rumors?"

"I heard from Marlene that you didn't like me anymore..." She said looking to the ground.

"Oh yeah got over my crush I guess. Only took a few years" I chuckled.

"Oh that's too bad" Lily said walking closer to me.

"Uh why?" I said taking a step back.

"Because I like you" she said in a whisper.

I panicked as she got closer and pushed her back and ran to professor McGonagall's office.

"Potter?" She questioned seeing me.

"Hey Minnie I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Why are you out of breath?" She questioned.

"Running away from Lily. Anyway I was wondering if you had the quidditch schedule yet?" I asked walking to her desk.

"Why are you running from Ms.Evans?" She asked me giving me the envelope.

"Well you know how I had a crush on her since like 3rd year? Well I got over her and now she likes me and she was practically crawling on to me!" I said louder at the end.

"I suggest you make it clear you aren't into her anymore Potter or she'll continue. She's a smart girl but restless and strong as well." Minnie said.

"Thanks Minnie! Anyway I better get going before curfew." I said giving her a smile and a wave before walking out of the office.

I walked in the empty halls when I heard crying from an abandoned bathroom.

I pushed the door open slowly. I didn't see anyone until I heard a whisper of a spell from one of the stalls.

"Hello? Are you okay?" I asked softly walking to the stall. I heard a drop hit the floor and saw the dark red color of it.

I panicked and walked faster to the stall. I opened it and stood there.

"Leave and forget before I make you forget" Regulus said holding his arm.

"No you're bleeding let me help" I said walking to him.

He pulled his arm away from me.

"Hey, don't worry, I won't hurt you"

"Yes you will! You're like Sirius, you hurt and never think" Regulus said pushing past me.