"yeah and i'm on a strict diet so i can't, sorry." nova pushed the bowl.

trina looked at me, her eyes had hope. welp!

"i'm allergic to seafood. damn." i shook my head.

"since when you allergic?" my dad raised his eyebrow.

"since forever." i lied, drinking the water she gave us.

"y'all coming? i gotta go somewhere real quick." junior stood up.

"yeah, let's go!" nova ran ahead of us.

"junior it's late!" trina yelled.

"what? huh? i can't hear you!" he yelled walking to the door. i laughed, walking behind him.

nova

"ooooh i can't stand her!" i stretched as soon as we got in the car.

"pASta ShElLs AnD CrAB mEaT, like noooo!" junior hit the wheel in frustration, making us laugh.

"you bring yo insulin?" nola asked making us all go quiet.

"shit!" he stopped the car.

"momma should have some at the house for whenever you come over anyway." i shrugged.

"true." he nodded, starting the car again.

we parked in mom's driveway and hopped out. i knocked on the door and waited.

"what y'all doin here this time of night?" she let us in. i laughed looking at her facial expression, it was a mixture of confusion and sleepiness.

"momma we hungry and you know a nigg-i mean a young, educated black man gotta eat." junior caught himself.

"yo daddy's new girl ain't feed y'all?" we followed her into the kitchen.

"nope, she tried to kill us." nola gagged.

"he always pick the bad ones." she made us plates of stuffed potatoes, chicken and mac and cheese.

"you were gonna eat this by yourself? hmmmm stingy." junior took his plate and dug in like he never ate in a while but i don't blame him.

"boy slow down. so what's her name?" she asked, leaning against the fridge.

"TrINa." nola and i laughed.

"housekeeper ass name, but he picks them not me." she put her hands up.

"but when are y'all getting back together because i'm tired." i bit into the chicken.

"we not, end of discussion. junior don't forget your insulin shot." she said, going upstairs.

"yes ma'am." he nodded like she could see him.

"watch momma pick out an outfit and pop up on his ass tomorrow." nola laughed.

"i know tricka gonna be mad." i laughed, clapping my hands. momma sometimes did that, we'd come over and rant then the next day she'd pop up at dad's house looking good. you can't tell me she still doesn't love him.

"tri—never mind." junior shook his head before doing the dishes then taking his shot.

i got up and took a tupperware container and put some food in it. "what you doin?" nola asked me.

"what's it look like? getting some for daddy." i closed the container.

"imma go tell momma we out." junior jogged up the stairs.

after saying our goodbyes, we went back to the house. junior unlocked the door and we heard yelling.

"lower yo tone trina!" my dad yelled.

oppp, skee skee skeee.

"you let them disrespect me in my house black! i'm not taking it!" she yelled back. i know daddy mad as fuck.

"we missed all the drama." nola rolled her eyes, sitting on the couch.

"wait for it, here it comes." junior put his finger in the air.

"this ain't yo fuckin house, you just sleep here and ion know who the fuck you think you yellin at like all that shit you got on i ain't bought for you, now if you can't stand it i suggest you pack yo shit and leave!" he yelled.

"ooohhhh!" nola and i jumped around.

"hold on." junior quietened us down.

"really black?! you're threatening to kick me out?!" i snickered at her.

"like i said, either put up with my kids or leave. damn trina, act like a damn lady, you outchea competing with kids half yo age when you should be carrying yo'self well!" he snapped.

"wait for it." junior cheesed.

"you mean like you're baby momma right?!" she yelled.

"damn right like my baby momma cause she know how to carry herself like a real woman and she'on be begging for attention like yo sorry ass! damnit trina, you always in a nigga's face!" he yelled, shutting her up real quick.

i held in my laughs as nola covered her face with the cushion and junior hooked up the game. "they always do that?" i asked.

"she always bringing momma up." he shrugged.

"i swear my momma is pressure." i laughed, sitting next to nola who had tears in her eyes from laughing.

" i laughed, sitting next to nola who had tears in her eyes from laughing