27

junior

i walked behind her from a distance, watching her high ponytail swing behind her slightly and how the color of her dress made her skin pop.

"come see." she called out for me as i strolled along the marble floors. budget for this shit was goddamn high.

"the artist is from new zealand and spent his time connecting with nature. it was his inspiration." i told her, smiling as she looked shocked.

"wow, how do you know that?" she asked me, honestly shocked.

"it's right there shawty." i pointed to the small wooden rectangular plaque under the framed painting, "had you thinkin i was smart huh?" i laughed as she playfully pushed me.

"should've known." she shook her head.

"so you're sayin i'm not smart enough for this art shit?" i asked as we walked around.

"no, i'm sayin you're not smart enough to realize that you're smart enough for this art shit. you're so caught up with being that 'guy' that you don't realize how artistically talented you are. but that's just my opinion." she shrugged looking at me.

"i guess." i fixed my fanny pack that was across my chest.

my watched beeped making me look around for the nearest exit, "what's wrong?" angelica looked at me, clutching her bag.

"nothin', i'll be right back, i gotta call my momma. family shit." i gave her quick smile before going back out to the car.

i locked myself in the car and took off my fanny pack and taking out my insulin and new needle. i filled the needle with the insulin and lifted up my shirt and slowly injected myself, clenching my teeth at the slight pain.

i cleaned up and put the bag in the glove compartment before stepping out and jogging back inside the museum and smiled seeing angelica look up at a sculpture.

i quietly wrapped my arms around her waist making her jump. "you scared the hell out of me, boy don't do that." she pushed me with an annoyed look on her face.

"i'm sorry. you hungry?" i asked earning a nod.

"i had a great time, thank you." she smiled as i pulled up to her house and parking in front of the door.

"so you can't like chill with me a lil longer?" i leaned back in my seat.

"no, i've got things to do." she shook her head.

i nodded, sitting up and leaning in to kiss her. she put her hand on the side of my face and deepened the kiss. i placed my hand on her thigh, giving it a light squeeze and licking her bottom lip.

she pulled out the kiss and looked down before looking back at me, "i've got to go."

"wait, so this mean we got a thing going on right?" i asked, smiling slightly.

she laughed softly before getting out the car walking to the door. she gave me a wave before going in. i leaned my head back on the headrest and excitedly punched the top of the car before driving back home.

"where you been bitch?" i scrunched up my face but then laughed looking at nola eating a cheese slice in the kitchen.

"y'all finally moved in? like fully?" i joined her in the kitchen, drinking water.