Chapter 9

Nari || Friday, June 12

After thanking Taehyung for his help, Jungkook and I decide to check out the nightclub. It's the middle of the afternoon and even though we're pretty sure that the nightclub wouldn't be open at this time, we still decide to check it out and see if there's a chance that someone might be there during this time of day.

The two of us are quiet as we walk down the slope and towards the area that is well-known for its bars and nightclubs. I glance sideways at Jungkook and see him looking around and observing our surroundings. I keep looking at him sideways as I get mesmerised by his attractive features. My mind keeps going back to the time where we shared the passionate kiss yesterday. I remember the way he looked at me with such affection; I already miss the way his lips were so soft and gentle against mine. I shake the thought away and I immediately look away from him when I feel my cheeks heating up. I clear my throat and end up choking on my own saliva. I bite down on my bottom lip when Jungkook turns his head to look at me.

"Are you okay?" he suddenly stops and asks with concern.

He pats my back when I don't stop coughing.

"I'm fine," I reply sheepishly.

"Are you sure?" he asks and tries to peer at my face, but I look down at the ground and let my hair cover my flushed cheeks like a curtain.

"Yeah," I mutter and continue walking.

Jungkook keeps attempting to look at me and I notice the worry in his eyes, but I don't dare to look up at him as I walk with longer strides. He eventually gives up on trying to look at my face and turns to look forward.

When we reach the bottom of the slope, I instantly spot the nightclub Taehyung told us about right in front of us. The building is smaller and looks shabbier than what I expected; it's pale purple paint peeling off from the walls and revealing the old grey brick of the building.

"Do you think we'll find her?" Jungkook asks as we stare up at the large sign hanging above the steel roller shutter of the building's front.

The nightclub's name 'Dynamite' is written on the sign in colourful neon lights which are now switched off.

"Hopefully..." I say.

I'm determined that we'll find Jennie. She's the only one who we know who can help us find out what happened to my sister, so we must find her. I take in a deep breath when the roller shutter rattles when Jungkook knocks on it forcefully.

"Anyone in there?" he yells and we wait patiently for any response to come from inside.

He's about to knock again, but he holds his fist back when the roller shutter shakes loudly and begins to move upwards. A girl appears before us with a hand on her hip as she looks at our astonished faces. I didn't think that there would actually be someone inside at this time, and I suppose Jungkook didn't think anyone would be inside either.

The girl's partly dyed blue and black hair is pulled into pigtails and split into several small braids. She wears a neon yellowish-green jacket over a crop top and shorts, and her ears are adorned with chunky earrings. I immediately feel small from her presence and get a badass and energetic vibe from her.

"Don't look so alarmed," she says and chuckles. "I don't bite."

I gulp nervously. Jungkook and I stay still as we stare at the attractive, yet intimidating girl.

"The nightclub isn't open yet," the girl says simply and is about the pull down the roller shutter.

"Wait," Jungkook stops her. "We're actually looking for Jennie."