twenty-three

Headline: Demand for Oil Skyrockets

Jungkook slowly releases my shoulders when he's sure I'm alright. I start to stand and he has his arms out like I'm about to fall.

"I'll run you a bath," he says as he guides me to the sofa.

"It's okay, I can do it on my own. You should get yourself some food too," I say, passing by my original dinner outfit and settling on casual clothes. I don't fuss over them too much. It's just Jungkook anyways.

 It's just Jungkook anyways

I can feel his eyes burning through my back as I walk to the bathroom

***

My hair is damp and steam escapes the bathroom when I get out. I instantly shiver at how incredibly cold it is. I cough a little before putting my glasses on.

"Too cold?" Jungkook asks from the couch. He doesn't wait for a response, just turns the temperate up. I sit in front of the vanity and start to dry my hair. I try not to watch where Jungkook is moving about in my room.

"I got you some soup and sushi. I have pasta that you can have if you want," he's starting to ramble. Usually, I'd poke fun at that. Today, I don't. And then he does something unexpected. He pulls a chair and sits close to me.

"How was your day?" he asks softly. I glare at myself in the mirror, pretending it's Jungkook I'm glaring at.

"It was nice. We visited a lot of places," I say calmly, nearly burning up at the awkward memory of my anxiety attack. I cannot believe Jungkook witnessed that. It'd nearly been a year since my last panic attack.

"Are you avoiding me because you're jealous of Ara?" the question slips out of him so easily, like he's asking me about my favourite colour. I hold my composure well.

"What makes you think that?" I ask as boredly as I can without sounding too unnaturally bored.

"You pretty much said it yourself last night," he says.

"Last night was a mistake," I say before I can stop myself. I dart my eyes to him through the mirror before looking back at myself. His brows are raised.