Chapter Eighteen

Taking a hot shower, putting on clean clothes, and brushing your teeth feels so amazing after not doing it for two weeks.

After Coulson led us out of the tunnels in the underground complex where we were being held, the main doors to outside were pushed open. Bright hot sun poured onto us, bathing us in light. I closed my eyes, sure to go blind from looking anywhere. S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers pushed forwards still, making my feet drag through sand. When I reached something metal, I steadily climbed up the ramp. That metal thing was the bus.

"Skye! Ward!" Some British accent echoed. Someone hugged me tightly, dragging my hands away from my eyes. Thankfully the bus was darker than outside, so I could squint through my eyelids.

"S-Simmons?" I hugged her back. Tears started to form in the corners of my eyes.

"Oh Skye, don't worry. Y0u're safe now." She pulled back away from me. "Oh my goodness, you could use a shower."

"Haha, no kidding." She hooked her arm under mine and lead me away into the plane. I looked back and saw Coulson talking to Ward. I turned back, having Simmons lead me, even though I remember where it was. I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I scrubbed the shampoo out of my hair, rinsing it under the shower head. After almost an hour in there and raisin fingers, I turned off the cooling water. I stepped out, wrapping a large towel around me. Another smaller towel I used to dry my hair. Holy crap, it felt so good. I put on the outfit Simmons gathered for me. Navy skinny jeans and long sleeved ivory sweater. I found a hairbrush, toothbrush, and toothpaste; I think you know what I did with them.

Exiting the bathroom, I ran into Fitz.

"Skye! Its great to see you." He smiled. I hugged him, glad to see another friend. He squeezed me tightly, sighing into my shoulder.

"Same Fitz, Same." It felt good to hug him. He was barely taller than me and had a pretty average figure. I wanted to catch up with him like with Simmons, but I'm sure that just hugging him was just as good.