Chapter Sixteen

The door swung open, crashing against the wall. A hoard fo bright lights came running in, shining everywhere. Ward wrapped his arms around me, hiding my eyes from the light. I rolled up into a fetus position, hidden under Ward. Untill he was lifted up.

Our barred wall came crashing down, the rusted parts giving way. I couldn't believe my eyes. Ward was being held back by three armed men, all in kevlar. Another reached for me, gun pointing towards the gorund. They had a smaller frame and a shaded helmet. I kicked their legs, knocking them to the ground. Jumping up, I crouched through the hole to my part of the cell. I grabbed a loose iron bar hidden under my bench. I swung around, facing my intruder who had made it in there.

"Skye stop." A familiar voice said. I still held the bar out in front of me. They dropped the gun, reaching for their helmet.

I took the chance, swinging the bar towards them. It hit them in the side of their chest, making them double over. I crawled back through the hole towards the group of guards waiting with Ward. I crashed into someone, making me fall back.

"Skye, she said to stop." I looked at the speaker, my breath taken away.

"C...Coulson?"