Chapter Seventeen

Hey Readers,
Sorry for the late update guys, Christmas was just a mess and starting the new year has been ever so hard. I haven't had a chance to write since ever. So lets try getting back into the swing of things again. Go ahead and give up on me if you want, but I'll be here for a while. Thanks guys for being patient with me.

- SkyeWardShipper

"C...Coulson?" I asked, stunned.

"Hello Skye." Coulson smiled. His plain black suit was neat and clean. The creases in his shirt and pants were fresh. His shiny black shoes were untouched by dirt. His shades covered his eyes, masking half of his face. Honestly, I could barely believe he was real.

"G-Grant...Ward?" I turned back to him. He just panted from fighting with the soldiers, eyes moving from soldiers to Coulson to me. I sighed, turning back to Coulson. I shakily stood, stepping towards Coulson. I slowly made my way towards him, looking at him closely all the while.

Once I reached him, I threw my arms around him. I broke down, sobbing into his shoulder. I hugged him tightly, squeezing him. My face was tucked into his neck. I couldn't hold back anymore. Tears flowed into his coat's shoulder pad. He gently squeezed me back.

"Coulson, its good to see you." Ward said calmly. I pulled back from Coulson, sniffing and wiping my nose on my sleeve.

"Same to you Ward," he said while pulling out a handkerchief and handing it to me. "Sorry we're a little late. Fitz's recovery system was blocked out by the compound walls."

"Are Fitz and Simmons okay?"

"Everyone is fine. And they all want you two back." He smiled at me.

I looked back at Ward to see one off the soldiers taking off her mask: May. I smiled brightly, restraining myself from hugging and crying into her too. Ward looked at me like he was miles away. I had almost forgot what happened before Coulson had shown up. I was worried I would turn red from the thought, but my redding eyes hid that pretty well. I stepped over to Ward, taking his hand and smiling up at him.

"Let's go home."