So, Katsuki needed to give Deku his gift before Christmas day... Maybe Christmas Eve? That's fine, right? But then, Katsuki has to find a way to meet with Deku on the weekend to do so. He could probably ask Deku out that day too! Kill two birds with one stone. He's a fucking genius.

Okay, he needed to ask Deku to meet with him on Christmas Eve...but how? If he just goes up to Deku or even sends him a text saying that, the nerd would probably think Katsuki wanted to fight or something and the last thing he needs is more complications. So, how is he going to do this?

And that's when it hit him.

It's Christmas Eve.

Back when they were brats his mom would always invite Auntie Inko and Deku over on Christmas Eve to have dinner. Although that tradition got lost as he and Deku fell apart, he knows the old hag and Auntie Inko still talk. Fuck, how could he forget that? That's fine then! He'll just call the old hag and tell her to invite them over again.

So, here he was now. In the mall, by a fountain. Glaring down at the phone in his hand, his thumb hovering above her contact. He was so confident about his plans all up until the words 'old hag' were staring up at him. What the fuck was he supposed to even say? She would obviously get suspicious why on earth he's inviting Deku over after many years of not even speaking about him in the house. Shit. Maybe he should come up with another plan? But this one's fucking brilliant, though...

It was as if his body got fed up with him as his thumb dropped down to click on the 'call' button.

And now it was dialing.

Fuck.

Almost immediately a soft 'click' sounded from the phone and he slowly brought it up to his ear. Before he could say anything, the old hag beat him to it.

"No fucking way," she muttered before yelling into the phone and making him grit his teeth at the sudden volume. "Katsuki! My only son who never calls home! How are you?"

He regretted this already.

"You know," she continued, either completely oblivious to his frustration or completely ignoring it. He's betting on the latter. "Izuku calls his mother every night! What a lovely boy! Now if only I had a son who actually cared about me-"

"Oi! Shut up, old hag!" He yelled out, scaring a few passerbys. A woman sent him a disapproving glance as she tugged her child away and Katsuki only rolled his eyes.

"Don't speak to your mother like that, brat!" She yelled back before quieting her voice. "Anyway, how are you, squirt? How's the Wonderland coming along?"

Katsuki let out a huff, scuffing his shoe against the floor. His eyes found a group of children excitedly playing tag with each other as their parents watched them fondly from where they were seated on the benches nearby. "It's fine."

"It's fine? That's it? Oh well then, hey Masu! Katsuki says the Wonderland is fine. Isn't that great? I've always wondered how the wonderland was doing," The old hag called out and he could hear his father softly speaking further away, probably telling her to knock it the fuck off or something like that. Probably not that. Katsuki grit his teeth and closed his eyes, focusing on taking deep breaths to calm down as his mother's voice returned to the speaker. "He says it's great. Your father and I are so excited to see this fine wonderland, Katsuki."

Katsuki wanted to explode something. Like really bad. But he couldn't do that lest he wanted to get kicked out of the damn mall. This was so fucking frustrating. Where was that damn stress ball when he needed it?

"I'm fine," he muttered out and his mother hummed in response.

"That's good, honey. School's going great, I assume?" She asked. "I haven't gotten any calls home lately so it's safe to assume you haven't gotten kidnapped again or some shit like that. I'm going to completely ignore the coffee incident because I don't want to begin to try and figure out how you got yourself into that mess-"