Chapter One

so far i think this will probably be mostly in angelica's perspective.

well, today is the day. i'm officially moving into my dorm today.

it's gonna be sad to not see my sisters every day, but at least i'm only a few hours from them.

i guess we'll be able to visit each other almost any time we want to.

lately i've been wondering about what it will be like, living by myself— along with my two roommates.

i just know my sisters are going to miss me a lot. and their day-to-day lives are gonna change a bit since i won't be there to take care of them.

honestly, i just really hope they don't go off making bad decisions.

not only is this an important year for me, with starting college, but it's an important year for them too.

peggy, the youngest, is starting her junior year. in my opinion, that's the most important year in high school.

eliza, the middle sister, is starting her senior year, which is the last year before she goes to college.

i finish packing up my things and put them in my car. my dad and my sisters are going to make the drive upstate with me in another car, so they can help me unload my boxes and say goodbye.

after announcing that i'm ready, we all get in our cars and go.

since peggy and i are really close and she will miss me the most, we decided that she would drive up with me, leaving eliza with dad.

on the way upstate, peggy and i sing and laugh and have fun before i won't be able to see her for a while.

when we stop for lunch, peggy snaps a selfie of us and puts it on her instagram story.

we arrive at the school at about 1:00 pm and see quiet a few families helping their children get settled into their dorms.

it seems like it's taking hours to find the right room, but after a while, we find my new room.

my dad and sisters help me carry up my very few boxes, filled with just my basic needs, clothes, and some decorations.

i tell them that i'll unpack my stuff later so i don't keep them here all afternoon helping me get everything set up and put away.

"i love you all so much." i tell my family as they're about to leave.

"i'm gonna miss you so much." peggy says as she hugs me one last time.

"i know pegs, me too. but you can call me anytime. and i'm only a few hours upstate, you can come visit any time. i might even be able to visit you on weekends and days off." i assure her.

"promise?" she asks.

"i promise. now go, i don't want you guys to be late to your school openhouse." i say.

we all say bye one more time and then they're off.

i open the box labeled 'bedding' and make my bed so i can relax for a few minutes before my roommates arrive.

while i'm putting up some decorations, someone opens the door and comes in.

"oh, hi!" she says once she sees me.

"hello." i say, looking up from what i was doing.

"i'm theodosia! you can call me theo if you want, it's shorter." she happily greets herself.

"hi theo, i'm angelica. you can call me whatever you'd like." i say back.

she doesn't have any family trailing behind her, so i assume she said her goodbyes before coming up here.

i go back to my decorating and pull out my LED lights.

"theo," i begin to ask my new roommate "would you be alright if we put these lights around the room?"

theodosia is about to answer when another girl walks in the room.

she laughs and says "oh, i guess i was the last to arrive. i'm maria."

"i'm angelica." i tell her

"and i'm theodosia, theo for short."

"awesome!" maria says.

"so maria, i was just asking theo if she was okay with me putting up these lights. would you be okay with it?" i ask

"of course!" she answers "i actually brought some of my own, so if you don't have enough, we can put up mine as well."

"and since i didn't get to answer before, i would love to have the lights up." theodosia says.

"cool." i say

the three of us put them up around the room, and we do end up needing maria's lights, mine only cover about half the room.

"ooh," maria starts "these vibes are great. i am very comfortable with the energy we have created in the studio today."

i can't help but laugh at maria, and neither can theo.

——

we don't have any food in our dorm room, so theodosia, maria and i head to the grocery store.

when we get there, we wordlessly grab a cart and head straight to the chips section.

we choose a few types of chips to keep in our pantry for snacking, including nachos and some dip.

after that we head for the frozen food section, putting some random foods in the cart, along with some ice cream.

we get a bunch of food we need, and some that we don't, along with some decorations we found in the home section.

maria brought a decently sized tv and a dvd player, so we get a few movies to watch later on tonight.

once we've got everything we need, we check out and head back to our dorm.

since it's our first night here, we decided to keep it simple and have a couple of frozen pizzas for dinner, followed by laying in our beds and watching tinkerbell on tv.

we all have classes in the morning, so once the movie is over, we go straight to sleep.

after spending just one afternoon together, i think about how much fun my roommates and i are going to have this year.