Kai was towering over you, the height of the staircase didn't help either.

Is there anything this man doesn't have?! You internally asked yourself bedding your eyes into him more. Attempting to be unnoticed.

His black mask did fully cover his mouth area and chin, but not quite the end of his jawline. You were eyeing it like a bat at night.

The sharpness of it, enough to cut paper. It looked like the most perfect jaw ever to you. It was spicy, and made him more attractive.

If you hadn't looked away quicker, you would've been drooling and fawning over that one little thing. Woah imagine the rest of him. Oh how you wished God would knock some sense into you.

"N-no It's quite alright. E-Eri was just having an uh adventure while we were walking up." You said, finger tips on Eri's head getting warmer. The Sahara Desert could never.

Kai responded by creating a very deep hum sound. If he keeps acting like this I'm going to lose my breath. You thought, brain rotting like a dirty person.

"I see. She wasn't causing any trouble, was she." He said glaring at the back of her head. "Definitely not. Why were you coming?" You asked feeling Eri's breath on your stomach.

"T-thank y-you." It was an extremely quiet whisper.

The tall male paused for a second before responding. "The call was from my job. I assume the connection was bad in their area so I'm on my way towards there now." He sternly said with a serious expression.

"Well where do you work?" Your mouth curiously blabbered out. Just be quiet already Y/n! You fought on the inside.

His breath hitched at your flashed forward comment. "Somewhere with bad connection." He answered in a sarcastic mode.

So he wants to play that game again. Don't you dare Y/n! Your inner voices argued with each other again. Apparently your mouth wasn't paying attention to neither of them.

"And why is there bad connection?" You asked with a cocky growing persona. Holy were did this part of me come from?! The males eyebrows began to rise.

"Every place has at least a day with bad connection. Why do you ask so many questions, Y/n?" He said your name in a deep, sinister tone.

You were taken aback, a small tint of red washing over your nose. "Well you don't have answers the first time." A smirk made it's way onto your lips.

"Feisty again I see." He was quick and swift with a comeback that left your mouth hanging open. "I-b-but." You tried to murmur a sentence, nothing.

"I'm sure those idiots- I mean my coworkers wouldn't want my waiting. Here's some change for more 'adventures' as you said." A chuckle emitted from his mouth. I feel like a pepper, but no he's my boss! If confusion was a person, there she is Y/n!

"C-change?" Stuttering became sort of a habit since this babysitting job. "Yes your ear drums heard correctly." He sighed before shoving a good amount of cash into your hands.

"I-I can't take this!" You said as he pushed you and Eri to the side, gently. The red eyed girl gazed at her dad in amusement.

He never showed this kind of, affection if you could even call it that, towards anyone. To her ever since she went with him, he was cold and dark.

Is Y/n making daddy happy? She asked herself puffing up her chubby cheeks even more and facing you.

Meanwhile, you were still in shock staring at Kai walk down the stairs with a wave of the white glove. "I'll be back early." He said dusting off his bird shaped mask.

"Hopefully." He whispered the last part to himself and left the house, closing the door with a click sound.

"A-are we going somewhere Y/n?" Eri asked with an innocent cute face. You turned back down at her, blinking and processing Kai's quick leave. He really said hit and run- wait. I wish I was a dog so someone can discipline me-hold up THAT SOUNDS WRONG TOO! You groaned and sighed.

"M-mommy?" Eri asked again poking your thigh. Not refreshing herself at what she just said. "Oh I'm sorry Eri it wasn't meant for you." You smiled taking her up the stairs.

"Eri did you say mommy again?" You asked with a sincere smile. "I-I'm really s-sorry Y/n it spills." She said pointing at her mouth in a sad motion.

You felt sorrow for the little girl. I shouldn't make her feel in pain, I should be cheering her up even more. So she can, smile. You thought patting her head.

"Don't worry about that Eri. I mess up a lot of things too. I remember one time I was trying to make pancakes and I put the syrup in the pan expect for the batter! Can you believe it?!" You said facepalming with a smile.

Eri was staring at you, no smile, but an amused expression.

"And this other time I said clonk instead of clink! Remember how silly I was!" You scrunched you're nose up with a giggle.

The horned girl nodded. "Yeah Y/n you were pretty funny." A pink tinted her nose as her emotions brightened up. That's how I want to see her. You thought on the inside.

"Now since your dad gave me money, let's not waste it. Where do want to go Eri?" You asked getting the house keys from her room and napkins to clean yourself.

You saw how dirty Eri's skirt was and decided to help her change. "Why don't we go to your room and dress you up into your favorite color dress hm?" You asked Eri with a genuine smile.

She nodded rapidly. "I like red! What do you like Y/n?" She asked you, lips together waiting. "Um I like f/c." You said and she nodded again.

"I like it two. It's my second most bestest color." She said skipping into her room. You smiled at the young girl, but your mind went back to Kai again.

Why did he leave so sudden? It was suspicious.