Ch.29

Aj's POV

Seto glared at my father as he raised his hand and twisted it.

Daddy gasped and his hands flew to his neck, prying at something I couldn't see.

"Seto stop!" Sky growled.

I cried out in shock and did the first thing I could think of.

Attack.

My hands clenched as shadows crawled across the floor and wrapped tightly around Seto's neck, pulling him up a few feet off the ground.

Night gasped behind me and ran to my side.

"Aj don't!" She cried.

Seto joked and gagged as swords were once again unsheathed and pointed at us.

"Aj... release him." my father choked through his struggling.

I obliged reluctantly and gently set Seto on the ground.

He gasped as air filled his burning lungs and released my father.

"Daddy!" I cried, jumping to his arms as he heaved for air.

"I'm okay... Aj. I'll be... okay." He panted, running a hand through my hair weakly.

"Weapons down now! They pose no threat to us!" Sky ordered, his friends obeying immediately.

Seto staggered to his feet and glared at me and daddy with his hazel eyes.

"Everyone sit down and let's hear our guests out, okay? If one person attacks they will be kicked out of the room, understood?!"

The room fell silent as the order was carried out.

"Thank you. So, you're actually... Blind?" Sky asked, his finger tapping against the wood in annoyance.

My father nodded as he pulled me closer to him.

"I am now, I wasn't before when I... Did things we all wish didn't happen. Which is why I'm here."

"If you're back to take a captive then you can-"

"Seto please!" Sky growled, silencing the sorcerer.

His mouth snapped shut as he glared at us and Sky cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry for Seto's childish behavior," he glared at Seto before continuing "please continue."

Daddy nodded and stroked my hair softly, holding me a bit tighter.

"I'm only here to apologize for my actions. What I did was influenced by the darkest kind of magic known to Minecraftia, which is no excuse, but I take full responsibility for my actions."

Silence.

Sky stared at my father in thought for what felt like an eternity before speaking again.

"So, you're saying you were corrupted by evil. Am I correct?"

Daddy nodded. "That is correct. My brother was trying to give me a way to see my daughter, but something went wrong and I was never the same again."

"Seems sketchy Sky." Ty mumbled.

Sky nodded slowly. "True..."

"To remove any suspicions against you, how about you tell us what turned you to normal." Seto proposed.

Sky tensed slightly, but continued to stare at my father expectantly.

"That part is uncertain to us all," Lava spoke up from behind "but we believe it was linked to King Sky's release from his corruption as well."

Daddy nodded. "We are truly sorry for any damage we have caused and we'd like to make it up to you. Is there any way we could show you how horrible we feel?"

A smirk grew on Sky's face as he leaned forward onto the table.

"We have a few ideas."