Ch.5

(3rd Person POV)

Adam sighed as the door shut behind him, his friends looking at him with concern.

He ignored them and walked out the large double doors

He needed a breath of fresh air.

So, he grabbed his budder sword and bow from his room and, closing the door behind him, walked out the front gates.

Sky Army Castle was a huge building made of stone brick, surrounded by a stone wall with two golden gates.

It was truly beautiful to look at and that's the way Adam had wanted it to be.

Each commander, all apart of a group called Team Crafted, had plans for the castle and made sure that their goals were met.

Ty and Ian both wanted each recruit or officer to have their own bedrooms, Quentin was in charge of the infirmary, Jason the barn and garden, Seto the library and brewery, and Mitch and Jerome the MiniGames and training rooms.

They all worked day and night for months until their castle was complete.

Sky smiled at the memory of his friends working together to make their dream a reality and turned to the forest.

For some odd reason, he felt drawn to it by some mysterious force and he could have sworn a voice was calling him.

He shook his head, thinking it to be the wind, and walked down the cobblestone path.

Looking around at the evening sky, Adam walked down a cobblestone path, not paying attention to where he was.

Suddenly, a black and brown blur ran in the King's path, forcing him to stop.

He looked down and saw a little girl tugging madly at his pant leg, her brown eyes with golden specks looking on the verge of tears.

The king knelt down, seeing the little girl's distress.

"What's wrong little girl?" he asked softly.

The girl sniffled. "M-My D-Daddy! Help p-please!" she cried, pointing in the direction she had come from.

The king nodded and looked towards the forest.

"Is he in there?"

The girl nodded quickly. "Please help him!"

Sky nodded once and stood, letting the little girl lead him into the dense foliage.

The sun had set by the time Sky reached a clearing, the little girl disappeared a while back.

"Hello?! Anyone?" Sky called.

A scream screeched through the quiet forest, grabbing the king's attention instantly.

He ran through the brush again, not caring about the scratches the low branches were giving him, until he reached the source of the scream.

The little girl was hovering over someone on the ground, a crimson pool expanding underneath the body.

Sky gasped and lightly pushed the little girl away, slowly rolling the man onto his back.

When Sky was sure the girl was out of sight of the gory scene, he turned to the man.

He stared in awe at him.

The man had a wound slowly closing on his chest, an amulet wrapped around his neck.

Sky's amulet.

Before the king could react in anyway, the dead man grabbed his wrist and his eyes snapped open, lightly illuminating the dark forest around them.

Adam struggled to get his arm out of the man's grasp, but he held tightly as he sat up and smirked evilly at the king.

"Hello Adam." He spoke.

The king gasped and tried harder to pull himself away, only to be pulled closer to the 'dead' man.

"H-Herobrine?"

The man chuckled cooly and locked eyes with the now shaking king.

"Feels good to hear my name spoken with fear again."

Adam reached for the amulet with his other hand, but the man caught it and twisted so he couldn't escape.

"I mean no harm, Adam. I just want to chat. That's all."

Adam shook his head and tried to pull away again.

"Stop struggling Sky, you're just making your situation worse."

"Let go of me." He growled, ignoring Herobrine's warning.

Herobrine sighed and muttered a couple words under his breath, the king's struggles slowing.

The king shook his head and managed to push himself away from Herobrine.

"Oh Sky, don't make this harder on me."

"What do you want from me." Adam growled.

Herobrine grinned. "Like getting straight to the point do we? Alright fine. I want nothing but to show you why you're here."

The king looked at him confused.

"Well, how else do you explain how you got here?"

"Your daughter's scream."

"That lasted a couple seconds. You ran for a good, what, 5 chunks before you found me?"

"How'd you know how far away I was?"

"Does it matter? You were led here by a feeling in your gut correct?"

The king nodded slowly, eyeing the god suspiciously.

"Don't think that was me. I don't have that kind of power over you."

"Then what does?"

Herobrine gestured to the piece of jewelry around his neck. "You're looking at it."