Ch.13

Mitch jolted to his feet, his sword held at the ready.

He panted frantically, looking around wide eyed for any sign of an enemy.

Sighing and sheathing his sword, Mitch relaxed and lightly kicked Jerome's side.

"Biggums get up. Seto's gone." He grumbled, taking another glance up at the trees.

"What?" Jerome groaned, stirring.

"He's gone, Jerome, there's not a trace of him being here."

Jerome pushed himself off the leafy ground and brushed his suit off, swinging Betty onto his back.

"Maybe he went back to the base?"

Mitch shook his head. "He would wait for us to wake up."

Jerome sighed and looked back the way they had come, then to the base walls looming over the trees.

He opened his mouth to reply, but snapped it shut as a loud bang boomed from the direction of the base.

All current worries forgotten, Mitch and Jerome took off towards the base, their weapons in their hands once again.

They barged through the large, double gates and through the courtyard.

'BOOM'

"TY!" Someone screamed.

Mitch and Jerome had to only look at each other to know where that was coming from.

The two sprinted around the castle to the back and froze.

Adam stood over Ty with a bloodied sword, a white glow emitting from under his glasses.

Ian, Quentin, Ryan and Jason all laid scattered around the grassy area, out cold.

"Oh look, more toys." Adam growled, stabbing his sword through Ty's shoulder and pinning him to the ground.

Ty screamed in agony as Adam straightened to look at the duo.

"G-Guys... Run... N-Not... Adam." Ty wheezed, trying to pull the sword out.

Mitch glanced at Adam, then down to Ty, then back up again.

He took note of Adam's sadistic smile and bloody appearance as his eyes rested on the amulet around his neck.

"Sky, when did you get your amulet back?" He asked cautiously.

Adam looked down and chuckled.

"Lord Herobrine gave it to me."

Jerome growled quietly at the name but didn't move.

"Lord Herobrine? I thought he didn't exist?"

Adam chuckled and stepped closer, materializing another sword in his hands.

"He exists alright. He's the reason I am the way I am before you now."

"A complete jag?" Jerome asked under his breath.

Adam's head shot to Jerome's direction and glared.

"You know, you all keep calling me by my old, pathetic name."

"Then what should we call you Sky? Do tell us."

Adam smirked with malice. "My name is Skybrine now."

And that's when Nether broke loose.