this is live? ❀✧

status: edited

@jetblacklovesong

"corbyn? corbyn!" jonah yells, snapping his bandmate out of his own thoughts. "yeah? sorry," corbyn says. "are you ready to order?" he asks. corbyn looks down at the unopened menu. "s-sorry, i'll be quick," he says as he opens it frantically.

"are you okay?" jonah questions in a concerned tone. corbyn nods with a smile, keeping his eyes on the entree section of the menu. "corbyn if you're nervous you can tell me. i know you don't like live stuff," jonah whispers. corbyn doesn't say anything, knowing jonah was right.

corbyn hates live interviews and performances. recorded things already make him nervous enough, but the thought of messing up live brings his anxiety to a whole new level. more than anything he was scared of saying or doing something wrong, so most of the time he just stayed quiet.

"okay, maybe i'm a little nervous," he admits reluctantly. jonah smiles. "that's okay. i know your anxiety gets bad, you don't have to hide it," jonah assures him. "i'm just scared of messing up. i hate live performances," corbyn whines. "i know you do. it'll only last thirty minutes, then we can move on and forget about it, okay bub?" corbyn nods with a small smile. "thanks jonah."

the boys soon order their food and talk about whatever comes up in conversation. they all took a pretty long time to eat, considering they were laughing more than they were putting food in their mouths. by the time they were done, they had the performance in an hour, so they hopped in an uber and headed down to the outlet.

when they got there, corbyn's palms were already sweating. he felt shaky and uneasy, yet they had barely gotten out of the car. he takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. corbyn jumps as a hand is placed on his shoulder. "hey, calm down. it's just me. everything's gonna be fine, okay? all of us will be right there," jonah reassures him. corbyn nods.

the group walks in through the doors, and corbyn begins biting his lower lip. we're here. this is it. the boys walk into a green room, and can already hear the fans cheering. corbyn pops his knuckles and pulls on his sleeves. he just wanted to go home, and for it to all be over with.

"we're on in 30 guys," daniel says. corbyn runs his fingers through his hair and continues to bite his lip. jonah walks over to him with a worried look. "corbyn, it's gonna be okay. why don't you sit down? i'll make you some chamomile tea," he says. he guides his bandmate over to the couch and seats him, then goes to make the tea.

he brings the warm beverage over, along with a bottle of water, and sits down. "here, have some of both," jonah says. he puts a gentle hand on the boys shoulder as he takes a few sips. "i know you're usually nervous, but this is more than the usual. how come?" jonah ponders. corbyn shrugs, taking another sip of tea.

"i honestly don't know. i just feel extra nervous. what if i mess up, or sing something wrong jo? or-or what if i forget my part? or what if it happens like last time, where i sing to early, and everyone's timing is off, or-" "hey, hey, hey, take a breath bubba," jonah mumbles comfortingly.

corbyn takes a few deep breaths. "none of that will happen. just let loose, have fun. the fans don't want us to be perfect, they want us to be- well- us. that's who they come to see," jonah says. corbyn nods as he finishes the tea. "thank you jo. that helped a lot." jonah nods with a quick grin, and then walks back to hair and makeup.

"two minutes!" daniel yells out. corbyn takes a deep breath. be yourself. it's okay. the fans love you for you. he puts his mic on and fixes his hair and clothes. corbyn stands next to jonah and waits for their queue. "and now introducing, why don't we!" all the boys run out on stage, smiling and waving, then they sit down on their assigned stools.

the music to "what am i" begins to play. the boys aren't gonna have the right parts in this, just so the story makes sense.

"i met her on a monday, evening, she was standing outside of the park and ride, and i said "hey ma, where you been?", "been looking for a woman like you for all my life", jonah sings.

"and she said "hola, talk to me", "before i, have to leave," and one day we could be, maybe more than two lost souls just passing bye," jack sings.

"knew i was falling, when i looked inside your eyes, and she said, "i know you are, but who- what am i," corbyn accidentally stutters.

the faux blonde panics. that's such an easy lyric. i messed it up. the boys are probably annoyed. the fans probably think i'm stupid. i'm so embarrassed. it's not that hard to remember. i'm such an idiot. corbyn's heart rate picks up.

jonah can see the worry on his bandmates face as he starts to sing the last part of the chorus.

zach begins his part, and corbyn can feel his whole body sweating. his brain wanders, and his hands start to shake. his breathing increases rapidly, but he tries to stay focused. if i can't breathe, i can't sing the next part of the song. i need to stay calm.

"i could put a ring on your finger before you change your mind," jack sings.

"knew i was fa-alling when i loo-" corbyn can't finish the verse. "i know you are, but what am i," jack sings. the boys sing the chorus, but corbyn can't take it anymore. his heart won't stop pounding, and his whole body is trembling. without another thought, he runs off stage and into the green room.

when he arrives, corbyn starts pacing, and running his shaky fingers through his hair. then, another pair of footsteps come in the door. "corbyn? hey it's jonah. it's gonna be okay bud," the older boy says softly. corbyn looks at him, his eyes teary and filled with fear. "why don't you sit down?"

jonah puts a hand on corbyn's shoulders, and slowly sits him on the couch. "hey, corbs, look at me. look at me," he says. corbyn looks up and into jonah's eyes. "look, everything's okay. you're fine. will you breathe with me?" corbyn nods, trying to catch his breath as his limbs shake profusely. "okay, in, 1,2,3, out, 1,2,3," jonah says while making sure his chest visibly rises and falls.

"everything's gonna be okay. i'm here." the blonde takes short and shallow breaths, holding onto jonah's hands. "corbyn, you're okay. i'm here, there's nothing to worry about. you have to breathe," jonah says softly. "i-i-i can't," corbyn stammers. "yes you can. just like this. in 1,2,3, out 1,2,3," jonah says.

corbyn follows him and after a few minutes, his breathing is back to normal. "see, you're okay," jonah says. corbyn falls into jonah's chest, wrapping his arms around his waist. jonah puts a hand on the back of his head and strokes his hair. he can still feel his bandmate trembling.

"you're okay bubba. just relax. you don't have to go back out there. you're safe," jonah utters soothingly. corbyn just cuddles up against his chest and closes his eyes, exhausted from all the events of that day. jonah pulls out his phone and texts jon. corbyn had a panic attack, and is exhausted. he can't go back out there. not today, jonah says.

jon responds quickly. i get it. let him rest, the show is almost over. poor kid. he puts too much pressure on himself, he says. ikr. thanks jon, jonah replies. for the next hour, corbyn just slept on jonah's chest, legs and arms wrapped around him like a sloth to a tree. but jonah didn't mind. he just wanted corbyn to be happy.

1353 words

sorry it's kinda short. love y'all <3