amusement park ★✧

zach woke up feeling off. not necessarily sick, just gross. he had slept for twelve hours, but still felt drained. never the less, the boys were going to an amusement park today. i can't stay home. i'll probably feel better after eating. and jack sincerely believed that.

he gets up out of bed and goes towards his closet. he pushes aside a few tops, taking a purple hoodie and slipping it over his naked torso. his stomach feels full and empty at the same time, so he decides to eat something anyway. he goes downstairs to see the boys all gathered around the counter. "morning z."

"morning," zach replies. he looks up to see jonah and jack staring at him. "what?," zach asks. "you just look a little pale. you okay?," jonah asks, concern in his eyes. zach nods. "i just feel kinda off, but i'm sure i just need food," he says with a small smile. the boys nod.

zach really didn't feel that sick. yet. he ate half a bowl of cereal, chewing and swallowing slowly. the other boys noticed, so they didn't think to question him anymore about it. the food in his system made him feel better, but it didn't last long. "the uber's gonna be here in ten. y'all ready?," jonah asks. everyone nods.

in the car, zach began to get worse. it started off small. the vision in his left eye began to get cloudy, which made him feel even more off. he thought about telling the boys, but he decided to just see if it passes. he felt light headed, but not like he was gonna pass out. he just felt like everything was in slow motion, yet at the same time things were going too quickly.

but when he got out of the car, he knew the rest of the day would be hell. his head erupted with a throbbing sensation, and he almost couldn't get out of the car. "have a good day," jonah says to the driver before shutting his door. zach rubs his eyes, trying to even out his vision, which ultimately does nothing. if anything it makes his head worse. he follows the boys inside.

they quickly get their tickets and walk in, which was all a blur for zach. he just made sure to stay close to the others. "let's ride this one!," daniel exclaims, pointing up to a ride. zach looks in the direction of his finger. he sees a tall green ride, that has a large drop on it, along with multiple sharp turns. he gulps, his heart beginning to beat a little faster.

"yeah!," jonah and corbyn say, leading the others to the line. zach taps jonah on the shoulder. "jonah, i feel like shit. i don't think i can go on this." jonah laughs. "you don't look pale anymore. come on, don't wuss out. it'll be fun," he says. zach sighs. "i'm being serious." jonah playfully rolls his eyes. "you look fine. just this one ride. then we can go to the kiddy ones." zach sighs again.

after a few minutes, they reach the front of the line. each boy sits down in a cart, zach sitting next to jonah. zach could feel his heartbeat pick up, making his headache much worse. he takes a few deep breaths as he's strapped in. his stomach begins to hurt from the headache, causing zach to groan. but just as he does, the coaster starts to ascend upwards.

zach grips the bar around his body, hoping for the best. they reach the top and everyone screams. some out of fear, others out of excitement, but zach didn't let any noise out. the coaster drops at a quick speed, then makes a few sharp turns. as zach is jerked around, he has to close his eyes to keep tears from coming out. his head felt like it could explode, not to mention the piercing ache in his stomach.

the ride comes to a stop, and the operator lifts the bars off of everyone. they each get out, and zach gets to the stairs first. his vision swirls, as his stomach does cartwheels. his head is filled with pressure, to the point where he's in too much pain to speak. he finds a nearby bench and falls into it, blinking harshly and breathing roughly. "that was crazy!," he hears corbyn scream. zach doesn't bother to look up.