and then there was one ★✧

this is unedited, it's 2:30 am. i usually never post unedited stuff, but i have been gone for too long. i will come back and edit it later :)

would you guys mind if i started posting them fresh then editing them later?

"you can't be serious," corbyn says. "of course i'm serious. the mac and cheese is way better than the mashed potatoes," jack argues. corbyn scoffs and rolls his eyes. "whatever," he says. jack laughs, and soon everyone else laughs too.

"speaking of, does everyone know what they're ordering?" jonah asks. everyone nods or agrees in some way, except zach. "zach?" jonah asks. the younger boy looks up in shock. "y-yeah?" "do you know what you're going to order?" jonah asks again. zach nods. the boys furrow their brows.

"are you feeling okay bub?" daniel asks. zach nods with a small smile. "you're not feeling good are you?" daniel says. zach just looks down at his hands. "what's wrong?" corbyn asks.

"my head hurts a lot, and i feel really drowsy and- i don't know, weird," he explains. corbyn nods. "do you wanna go home?" daniel asks. "no, i wanna eat. i'll just go to bed early tonight," zach replies. daniel nods.

the waitress comes and gives the boys their drinks, then they order their food. she walks back into the kitchen, and the boys continue their conversation. "i can't wait until the new album comes out," jack says. "yeah i know! it seems like we've been making it forever," jonah says. zach stares into the abyss once more.

"z, are you sure you don't wanna go home? we can take something to go," daniel questions. zach just shakes his head again. "n-no, i'm fine. i just wanna eat and then sleep on the uber back. i'll be okay guys," he tries to reassure them. "okay, but tell us if you change your mind."

around fifteen minutes later, the food comes out, and the boys lick their lips in excitement. jonah waits a second to eat his food, wanting to finish the bread stick he was already eating. the rest of the boys began to in, and talk amongst themselves. zach ate most of his, but decided not to take it to go.

jonah calls an uber, and the boys take the check. zach feels worse at this point, and just wants to get home. the boys notice how pale and tired he looks, so they try to speed the process up. soon, they get in the uber, and ride home, zach sleeping against daniel's shoulder.

the next morning...

jack is the first to wake up. he immediately runs to the toilet, puking up all his dinner from the previous night. then, corbyn wakes up. he runs to his bathroom and does the same thing. the two find each other in the hallway. "you think we have what zach has?" jack asks. "probably," corbyn replies with a small laugh.

the two both quickly whip their heads around to the sound of loud vomiting. they run into zach's room, and find him hunched over his trash can, not even able to get out of his bed. "go find jonah and daniel," jack says as he helps zach. corbyn finds jonah flushing the toilet, and daniel rinsing his mouth out. "everyone's got it i'm guessing," jonah says as they all meet in zach's room. zach continues to hurl in a trash can.

"yeah, looks like it," daniel says. jonah runs to the bathroom and grabs a thermometer. he quickly takes everyone's temperature, except zach's, because he was too busy throwing up. "none of us are above 101.5. we should just take some fever reducers and antibiotics, then we'll be good as new," jonah says. daniel runs to a nearby bathroom to vomit again, while jonah grabs the medicine.

jack stays in bed with zach to comfort him, and all the other boys go back to their separate beds after taking some medicine. eventually they all fall asleep, but jonah wakes everyone up a few hours later to rehydrate and eat some crackers in the living room. everyone's fever has gone down, except zach's, who's fever decided to go up by .3 degrees instead.