“I told ya, do whatever it takes” she shrugged her shoulders and got up, reorganising the pillows he had strewn over.

“Are you serious?”
he asked giving her suggestion a hard thought.

“Beta I have never been more serious in my life. Shut out all your inhibitions and reservations. Its time you step up and fight till you win this one.  I am with you in whatever decision you take. Make me proud my son. Go and get her” she patted her back.

His mother was definitely the typical moms lecturing you every now and then on sillly stuff like, why are you not eating? Why are you smoking too much? Why are you still in bed? But she was also the most supportive one to him and his siblings.

She always tried to close in the generation gap and think like them, to understand their POV.

That probably made her best friends with all three kids of hers on their respective level.

Finally gaining some perspective and determination from her, Sidharth happily hugged his mother and left.

*

Four days after she had returned home :  

A stoic faced Shehnaaz was seated in the
Gurudwara.

She wore a pale pink patiyala suit and a pale green chunni adorned covered her
head.

She had returned to Punjab after the heartbreaking incident in Ashok Villa.

Her parents were happy to have her back, thinking she had honored her word given to her dad that she will try her luck to find a job in Mumbai and if nothing works out she will return and get married to Rajbeer.

Subsequently they had initiated talks with Rajbeers family and the preparations for their wedding had begun.

Every day that passed after that day felt like a burden to her.

She came back to her home, but only physically.

Her mind was still in Ashok Villa reviving the hurt, the pain every single waking moment.

She loved Sidharth with all she had and he had crushed her to pieces in anger.

Her heart fluttered when he had called her, asking for forgiveness, pleading her to take him back.

She had almost given in, but maintained her stance back after a long call with her angels
who helped her put her haywire thoughts into perspective.

She wasn’t some plaything that could be tossed around and caressed back when one feels like.

She was much more than that. In her anger she had snubbed him off saying she didn’t want to be contacted ever and if he tried she will kill herself.

But only she knew the grief that passed through her when she uttered those words.

But her Sidharth was also smart enough.

When she said he shouldn’t call or text her, he had emailed her.

She read each and every email like a prescription.

Morning, noon and night and awaited the next day for a new one.

She yearned to be with him, to forgive him and take him back into her arms.

Smack his head for being an asshole, even if it was in anger.

But she also wanted to teach him a lesson for life.

She wasn’t someone who you messed with, she wanted to show him that. She chose this way to reprimand him.

She had agreed to getting married to Rajbeer, but ofcourse never intended to.

She was going to call her cousin to call him and tell him about her upcoming wedding.

She knew he would come, he will have to come and incase he didn’t, she fully intended to run away from her home on the day of the wedding.

Her parents had hurt her way too much by throwing her around when she needed them the most, and this would be her way to get back at them.

Her childish stubbornness completely justified her actions to herself.

She felt sated at her plan and smiled at herself.

“Puttar, aa gyi tu?” her dadi awaited her return in the verandah.

“Hanji dadi, batao, kuch chahiye tha aapko?” Shehnaaz sat near her feet, looking
at her dadi’s worried face.

“Ki hoya dadi? Tusi pareshaan ho?” she asked. “Putt, eh rajbeer mnu sahi nahi lagda, bhot harami munda aa. Tu kive haan kiti ohde naal vyaah lyi?” Her dadi remorsed.

“Dadi, hale toh haa hi kiti aa bass, vyah thodi na karona maine?” she winked at her mischievously, shocking her.

“Hayyee ni meri bacchi, sachi dass ki chalda pya tere iss tedhe dimaag cho? Jado da aayi aa, mada muh chakki firdi aa har vele” her Dadi was smiling ear to ear eagerly wanting to listen to her plan.

She narrated how it all started at the Brahmakumari Centre, how she and Sidharth came close, how they fell in love, the entire lonavla incident to her, both their eyes welling up from time to time.

She also told her about her plan of eloping alone incase he didn’t turn up.

“But mnu pata wa, mera Sidharth aayega, zaroor aayega” she assured her Dadi, feeling elated on getting her approval and support on all this.

*

It was day 25, of no Sidharth.

Missing him till her core hurt had become her normal now.

She dreamt of him every night and woke up with his thoughts every morning. She eagerly awaited her phone to chime announcing his email.

Every single day he poured his heart out thru his mails, making her miss him even more.

So may times her hand had itched to reply back or to call him even and end this misery, but she held herself back.

“Strong rehna hai tujhe Shehnaaz, usko thoda jalne de iss aag mein, tabhi sabak milega usse, nahi toh zindagi bhar tujhe aise hi tadpayega shakk kar kar ke”she thought

She wanted to see him, hear him call her his jaan, his baby, his plum, and mostly feel him, feel his lips on hers, feel him pull harshly on her pony tail, feel his sinewy arms around her, feel him lovingly pull her and toss her around as if she was a play doll.

She missed him so bad, she had literally started wearing his tshirt that she had carried back with her every night underneath her clothes.

Trying to feel his presence. She had finally asked Gunni to call him and tell him about her wedding and now she awaited.

For her Sidharth to come.  

____________________________________________

Sometimes a bitter lesson is required to set things straight in the long run.

Hope u guys are liking my story so far. Do touch the star and shower ur comments to motivate me to write better.

Many many thanks

Love u all

Sidnaazkidiwani