Neverwood: Part 8

Start from the beginning

"Just a kiss in the moonlight. That's all it is to you humans. You are flesh and bone and nerves and breath and yet it is just a kiss," he hissed again, his long fingers now claws as he raked them through that dark hair, "You'd think simple creatures like yourselves who only last as long as your feeble bodies allow would feel everything as we do."

"I didn't mean it like that. You're being unfair." You stated between gritted teeth but a wicked grin flashed onto his face and then disappeared as quickly as it came as he looked down upon you.

"Unfair? What is unfair is that you come to me and speak of gifting me a kiss and then look at me with such disgust the minute we part." If you hadn't known better...you would have thought his feelings were hurt. The corners of his raspberry colored mouth were turned downward. That wicked grin he'd flashed before had been nothing more than a defense mechanism.

He stood before you, his muddied bare foot tapping before you, his silky mist of a blouse undulating in the same breeze that swept his curls over his shoulder.

He was something fierce to behold and yet...around the hard edges of that Fae face...

"I didn't look at you with disgust Harry," you braved a step towards him and watched his expression falter, his mouth set in a harsh line but his eyes hinting at hope and longing, "I want to understand you. I want to know all of it. I want to know...I want to know who hurt you," the dark faerie's eyes filled with an emotion that you decided to let go of for now as you reached a small palm up to place against his chest, "I'm not afraid of you and the creature inside of you. I've seen the ugly inside of your beautiful exterior." His nose crinkled as if he hated the compliment.

"How can you think I'm beautiful when I have treated you so poorly?" Harry's voice sounded as if he were in awe of you, as if he were lost and you were leading him back home.

"I've seen the darkness, it was terrible, but I have also glimpsed the stars."

You watched as that unknown emotion in his eyes died out and then you slowly crawled your hand up his chest, the cool wetness of the shadows clothing his body parted as your fingertips made their ascent to his neck.

All that you could hear were your faltering breaths as you took the plunge and brought his angular face down to yours.

His soft lips folded against yours and the taste was sweet. The kiss was gentle, chaste, and if you hadn't seen him kiss that girl in that shadow you might have thought it was his first.

Neither of you moved, just lips locking and sealing together before you pulled away to gauge his reaction but before you could open your eyes his fingers were in your hair and pulling you back to a kiss so deep you felt it brush against your soul.

This was a kiss.

His lips delved into yours and as he went to pull away slightly, his teeth found their way around your bottom lip and tugged before releasing it to pop back into place.

"More." He breathed and you gladly conceded. You pushed into him, your hands now shamelessly raking across his chest, knowing that the shadows were only for your sake, knowing nothing truly stood between you and his body. The sensation must have startled him because he pulled away from the kiss, your mouths still connected but not locked together so that he could take in a shaky breath, the smallest hint of a gasp from his throat.

You opened your eyes to see the reaction your fingernails had gotten out of him and had he not explained himself before and the darkness that followed him, you might have been terrified. His eyes were black as pitch, those cheekbones so much sharper than before but even in the angles he was beautiful.

He was exquisite.

"Again." He softly demanded and with anxious hands, you wound them around his waist so that you could run your fingertips over his back as he dove back into the kiss.

A whine escaped him at the feeling of your hands on him and a heat you hadn't felt for anyone in such a long time cascaded through you and emptied itself in the depths of your stomach.

What were you doing? Why were you kissing him like your life depended on it? Why was he kissing you back? What was this?

But you couldn't stop, not when he pulled you to him and sat you both on the ground. Not when he pulled you onto his lap, your tattered dress hoisted above your thighs to accommodate the position. Not when you felt him brushing against you.

No, you didn't stop any of it because for the first time in forever...you were living and you were living by your rules and you knew that for some inexplicable reason, you felt for this immortal. Pieces of who he was before he became this were falling into place and you knew there was more to him than the harshness you'd become accustomed to.

Every sigh, every gentle question of consent, every moan caught in both of your throats as you moved together under the stars, it was all just the beginning. You weren't sure what that beginning meant and you feared it's imminent ending, but in that moment, beneath the glow of the moon, you let your mind rest, and for once just let your heart feel.

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

My hope is to continue this and make it into a full length story but...it depends on you all! Let me know if this is something you'd like me to write!

-Balletclutz