thirty-five.

AVAN

Liz and I headed to Ari's place that night, and I knocked on the door just as Air opened it in excitement.

"Yay, you guys are here! Come in!"

She ushered us inside and shut the door, running back to the living room where she had been previously.

Matt, Vic, and Leon were already there, chatting among themselves, but stopped their conversation as they looked up at us.

"Hey you two," Vic greeted cheerfully, tucking a strand of wavy brown hair behind her ear.

"Hey," Liz quipped, sitting down next to Ariana on the couch.

I sat on the other side of her as Matt asked, "so what's the plan for tonight?"

"Food!" Liz and Ari exclaimed loudly in unison, giggling afterwards.

I chuckled and wrapped an arm around Liz's shoulders as Vic piped up. "Pizza?"

"We had pizza last time," The two girls whined.

"Chinese?" Leon suggested.

"Gross," Liz wrinkled her nose cutely, and I couldn't help but kiss her cheek.

"Chicken?" Matt chimed in.

We all then shrugged in agreement, and Matt ordered the food instantly.

It took about ten minutes until the food finally came, and the girls eagerly grabbed the bags, apparently incredibly hungry.

"How do you girls eat so much but never gain a single pound?" Leon questioned, chuckling as he popped a nugget into his mouth.

"Fast metabolism," Liz answered, rolling her eyes. "I don't even eat that much."

To be honest, I wasn't really that hungry. I just leaned back into the couch, watching the scene before me intently.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Liz asked softly, turning her attention to me as the others continued chatting endlessly.

I shrugged. "Not hungry. Just tired."

It honestly warmed my heart knowing how concerned she was, but I was fine. I just needed sleep.

"Let's get you home then," she replied, standing up and turning to our friends. "We're gonna go, Avan's sleepy."

I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, okay," Ari pouted. "See you guys tomorrow!"

"See ya." Liz tugged on my arm, pulling me with her and out the door.

We drove to my house and went inside, upstairs to my bedroom. I gave her one of my t-shirts to sleep in, since I knew how much she enjoyed wearing my clothes.

Plus I just really loved seeing her walk around in my clothes.

I slid off my jeans and shirt and climbed into bed, motioning for Liz to come join me. She smiled and slipped under the blankets with me, resting her head on my chest as I listened to her soft breathing.

And soon, we both fell asleep without a worry in the world.

-----

next chapter will probably be the last one!!

also just pretend the girls aren't vegan here okay. or vegetarian. i forget.

comment your thoughts if you feel like it!

-izzy