thirteen.

LIZ

I rested my head on Avan's shoulder and we sat in comfortable silence, and I tried so hard not to let the tears fall.

I didn't like crying. Crying made me feel vulnerable. If I had to cry, I usually did it alone. In my room. Where no one could hear me.

I didn't understand why Avan cared so much to want to know what was wrong. Sure, we were friends and all, and I trusted him, but he should've known there was no way I was going to tell him what was going on.

"I'm going home," I announced quietly as I raised my head up from his shoulder, causing him to look at me, his eyes filled with concern. "Tell everyone I'm...sick or something."

"Liz, you can't just leave."

I sighed. "I need to, Avan. I need to just go home. Clear my head. You understand, right?"

I saw his eyes dull with sadness as he answered, "yeah."

I smiled softly at him, as if to reassure him there was nothing to worry about, and stood up.

"Can I come with you?"

I looked back down at him, where he was still sitting. "You have filming to do."

"Y'know we can't keep filming unless you're there, right?" He chuckled lightly. "We can just tell Dan we need to take the day off. Whatever you need, I'll give you. Wherever you go, I'll come with you. I just want to make sure you're alright."

His words were undeniably sweet, and I let out an inaudible sigh. "I need some time for myself, Avan- "

"And I completely understand that," he said quickly, standing up from his place on the floor. "But just give me a chance. I'll help you with whatever you need. I'll be silent the entire time. I just want to be close to you. If you let me."

His words just kept getting sweeter and sweeter, and there was just no way I could say no to him.

"Fine."

His eyes lit up, and I really hoped this wouldn't turn out to be a bad idea.

I walked out of the dressing room, beckoning for him to follow me.

"Finally!" Dan exclaimed as he saw us both walk onto the set. "Now we can start filming!"

"Actually, about that," Avan spoke up, giving Dan an apologetic look. "Liz and I have to take the day off. She's not feeling too well today."

Ari's eyes immediately became fixed on me, worry flashing in them.

Dan sighed heavily. "Alright, I guess that's a wrap, then. See you all tomorrow."

Leon, Vic, and Matt all bidded goodbyes and left the set, but Ari instantly ran up to Avan and I.

"Are you okay?" The red head asked, worry lacing her tone.

"I'm fine," I answered. "I just really need to go home. I'll call you later."

Ari nodded sympathetically, then left the set.

Avan looked at me, and I knew he so desperately wanted me to tell him what was wrong.

But I just couldn't.

-----

supposed to be asleep rn, writing instead...

comment your thoughts if you feel like it!

-izzy