Chapter 47

You lugged the large trash bag behind you as you made your way to the bins. The rain had mostly stopped and since trash collection was tomorrow now seemed as good a time as any to throw it out.

You stop grumbling to yourself when you hear the sound of... A cat? Looking around you finally spot where the mewing is coming from.

Up in the branches of a large tree in your backyard is a cat. You quickly drop the bag and walk over to the base of the tree.

From what you can see of the cat, it doesn't look like it likes being up there. You huff and work on getting a grip on the bark as you work on slowly getting up to the cat.

When you're finally stable on the same branch as the cat it lunges at you and hangs onto you for dear life. You almost fall but steady yourself as you calm down the animal who you still haven't seen much of.

"Let's get down then..." You laugh slightly as you hold the cat and manage to get down without hurting you or the cat.

As the cat was still holding onto you tightly you had to work on opening the door one handedly.

You sigh and try to set the cat down on the counter to see if it's hurt but it's holding onto you too tightly with its head buried deep into your f/c hoodie.

You eventually get the cat off you and after a quick look at it you have to hold back the urge to chuck it to the other side of the house.

Bloody red eyes and a large cheshire cat grin greeted you and along with red fur you could tell it wasn't a normal cat. Reasoning it was with the pastas's you called out into the hall.

"Hey do you guys have a cat?"

"Cat?" Jeff's head poked around the door. He stops when he sees the cat in your hands, "Oh that cat."

You and the cat exchange a look before you set it down and it just sits at your legs. "Does 'that cat' have a name?"

"Oh yeah," Jeff replies as if he completely forget to mention it, "That's Grinny Cat."

Grinny looks at you then starts purring as if agreeing with Jeff. "Any other... Pets I should know about before they get stuck in my trees or burst through my windows?"

"Well there's Seedeater... The others are kinda complicated," Jeff thinks aloud as he makes a face at the second half.

"Complicated seems to be a recurring theme with you guys," You sigh as you stroke the purring ball of fur at your feet and wonder who's next.