Chapter 19

I park my car in the nearly empty parking lot and look at the grocery store's doors. I know I have to get out and go but it's raining.

I look over at Mirror. "You want to come in or stay here?" I ask her since I wouldn't blame her for wanting to stay in here.

She glances between me and the store, "I'll stay, there isn't many places to hide after all."

I nod, "I'll be back soon then."

I open the door and get out as quickly as I can so not to let too much rain water in. I quickly run across the wet parking lot and into the small grocery store.

After I get in I look around. To my left is a cashier looking over at a TV to the left of their station. They don't acknowledge me and other than them the store seems empty. Must be a slow day.

As I start to walk down an aisle the TV catches my eye, or more specifically, what they're talking about on it. A news reporter stands on screen and I can just catch what they say. "Police stunned as homicide cases drop since sudden disappearances of various serial killers but police still warn to be on edge regarding the threat of these killers-"

As they continue speaking I turn and walk away. Wonder what the police would think now that their super dangerous serial killers had been turned into live Barbie dolls.

I walk around the store grabbing what I or the pastas might need before remembering to go over to the meat section to get something for EJ.

I look at the freezer wall of cold meats and wonder what to get. I notice some packs of kidneys and think why not. I grab them and some steak. If he doesn't like them then I can make steak and kidney pie.

I look at the shopping cart and wonder what else I should get while I also realize I probably should have made a list.

I sigh and decide to aimlessly walk around the store for a while until I jog my memory.

After a few more minutes of walking I head to the check out. As the cashier puts everything into bags I just stand their awkwardly. "Slow day?" I ask trying to strike up a conversation. The cashier stops to give me a 'duh' look and I give up on any conversation.

After I pay I quickly run out with the groceries. After throwing everything in the back I get into the car and look over at Mirror who's still in the passenger seat. "Sorry for the wait," I say as I start up the car and head back towards the house.

"Now let's see how much trouble they've caused since we left," I say as the rain hits the windshield harder than ever.