Its Been A While

"Its been two weeks since I've reincarnated, and I've learned a few things. For one, this cave is a home to many thorn foxes, and the other newborns that were around me weren't my siblings, but the children of other thorn foxes. I've also learned how to use my skills. Lucifer gave me an amazing skill. [INFINITE MANA CAPACITY]. So basically, every monster has a core inside of their body, it's basically their soul. I need to devour monster cores to increase my mana capacity! But anyway, now that all of us are now two weeks old, two elder foxes are taking all of us into the forest to hunt goblins so that we can level up."

 I walked along with the group on the dirt path, now able to use my new four legs, and a fluffy tail. There was a lot of nervous chatter, all of us were only two weeks old, and yet the elders were taking us to hunt goblins. Apparently, once a year, humans come around our cave and hunt the young thorn foxes and sell them to nobles as pets. And the older thorn foxes get skinned and sold as fur coats. There's only one month until the humans come, so they need all of us to evolve into adults as fast as possible. But that wont work for me. I need to kill five humans and devour their souls, or I can't evolve even if I am max level. Lost in thought, I bumped into another thorn fox on the right.

"Ah, sorry."

The other thorn fox looked at me, somehow, I could tell it was a girl.

"Its okay, I'm nervous too. My name's Anna."

"I'm Reath."

"Nice to meet you."

She gave me a shy smile, and I gave back an expressionless face, just like always.

"ALRIGHT LISTEN UP!"

The blue furred elder shouted in a rough voice. He was an evolved, a water fox. The female on his right had evolved into a fire fox.

"Today is the day you all become adults. First off, we will teach you to use the one skill every thorn fox is born with. Fox thorn."

They had each of us stand in front of a different tree.

"Fox thorns come from your tail! So, imagine your mana going into the very essence of your tail hairs. Thorn foxes are only able to shoot one thorn per minute, so aim carefully!"

The moment I heard him say "mana" I just gave up. Until I eat a monster core, I wont have any mana.

"GREEE!"

Suddenly, a midget like monster came out from behind the trees, it had green skin, sharp floppy ears, completely white eyes, and was wearing nothing but a helmet.

"FOX THORN!"

Suddenly the elder female fire fox shot a long thorn at the goblin, it pierced right through its forehead and went all the way through to the other side. The goblin instantly fell down. There was no blood or anything, it was a clean kill. No one seemed to care. But this is the perfect chance for me! I walked over to the corpse, biting into the flesh and ripping it off.

SKILL ACQUIRED [BITE LVl1]

"Nice!"

I continued to rip off the flesh over and over.

[BITE LVl2]

Finally, I bit into something hard, I bit deep and pulled it out. It was a sphere-shaped gem the color of grass. I bit hard and the core cracked. A green smoke came out and floated into my mouth.

[MANA CAPACITY INCREASED]

"Status."

SPECIES: THORN FOX

GENDER: MALE

TITLES: [FRIEND OF THE DEVIL] [WRATH]

LVl: 1/5

SOULS COLLECTED: 0/5

Hp: 10/10

ATTACK: 10

ENDURANCE: 10

MANA: 1/1

AGILITY: 50

INTELLIGENCE: 15

SKILLS: [FOX THORN lvl1] [FOX LANGUAGE] [INFINITE MANA CAPACITY] [BITE LVl2]

"Only one!? What the hell is this bullshit!? Whatever, lets try this."

"[FOX THORN]"

One of the hairs on my tail hardened and shot forward, lodging itself in a tree.

"Holy crap!"

I was starting to get excited, then I realized how low my mana is and that it takes a long time to recover mana.

"Come one! Recover already!"

I tried pushing all my energy towards my tail and suddenly I heard a system alert.

SKILL ACQUIRED [MANA RECOVERY LVl1] PASSIVE

"Great! This'll help a lot! This must be an ability Lucifer gave me, meaning I can gain a lot of skills very fast! And if that's the case, then maybe I should try to act more like a fox!"

I raised my nose in the air and took a long breath.

SKILL ACQUIRED [TRACKING LVl1]

"What's that smell? Is that blood?"

I left the training grounds and followed the scent deeper into the forest, and there it was. Seven humans sound asleep. It was very early in the morning, so I suppose most people would be asleep by now. I should take this chance to get some souls!

I slowly crept down the slope and down to the human campsite.

"[FOX THORN]"

In a second there was a needle sitting inside one of the humans heads. He instantly died. I looked around to make sure no one woke up. They were all laid everywhere, but no one was awake. I waited a few minutes and my mana shot back up.

[MANA RECOVERY LVl2] PASSIVE

One by one I used my skill to kill all seven of them silently.

SKILL ACQUIRED [STEALTH LVl1]

TITLE ACQUIRED [MERCILESS]

[FOX THORN LVl2]

"Merciless? Hmm... I guess I am. After all, I'm not even sparing the other two I don't need. They might try and take revenge for their comrades."

I was about to leave but then I noticed in the bushes was a large leather tent. I walked over to it and pushed back the flaps and went into the tent.

"Holy crap."

There were goblins. There was a cage filled with goblins, around nine of them, all alive, covered in scratches. A smile grew on my face, a wicked smile.

"[FOX THORN]"

Within a matter of minutes all of them were dead.

LEVEL UP

LEVEL UP

LEVEL UP

LEVEL UP

[FOX THORN LVl3]

It was easy to kill them through the gaps of the steel bars, but how do I get the cores? Someone has the key to the cage.

"YOU DAMN MONSTER!"

I jumped to the side as a giant sword slammed down piercing the ground. I turned around to see a very bulk man with dreadlocks, tears going down his face.

"HOW DARE YOU KILL THEM! I'LL KILL YOU, YOU DAMN MONSTER!"