Chapter 3

Dawn's POV

"Thanks for inviting me for dinner guys," I smiled in gratitude at Christopher and Amelia. All three of us were stood outside, next to my car," I enjoyed the lasagna, I think I'd like the to have the recipe." I told Amelia.

"Sure, I'll send it via email." Smiled Amelia with pride.

"And we enjoyed your company. Watching movies with you two ladies was fun, I hope we can do it again soon." Smiled Christopher in amusement.

I playfully stuck my tongue out at him before Amelia and I shook our heads at him, causing him to lift his hands up in surrender.

What happened was that we watched an animation movie with Alexander until he fell asleep. Amelia took him to bed then we set out to find a movie for our age group. After a couple of minutes of browsing through the TV, our attention was finally caught by one. The description was interesting enough so we decided to watch it, not knowing that we would regret it soon after.

The movie turned out to be a thriller as well as a horror, which I was not quite fond of. I now know that I might not be sleeping tonight or my mind will be plagued by nightmares...I really hope for neither, I honestly haven't argued with sleep yet.

Either way, Amelia and I are on the same page. We aren't horror fans, at all. During the movie, we kept on ducking behind Christopher and sometimes pillows...it was horrible. The movie was just horrific, despite the amount of times I told myself that it was fake.

"Well I better go. Please tell Alex that I said goodbye." I asked as I pressed the button to unlock the car resulting in a silent 'click'.

"Sure, thanks for coming." Said Christopher moving from Amelia and giving me a side hug.

To be honest, I stood a bit frozen for a few seconds. I was a bit surprised by the hug, even if it was a side hug. It was unexpected seeing as we were still more or less strangers, though maybe they are the affectionate type like me, but I returned the hug nonetheless.

He was a warm person and his cologne smelled heavenly, quite welcoming as well. It had this nice little kick to it.

He let me go, only to be embraced in Amelia's arms. I of course returned her hug as well. She gave me a gentle squeeze before releasing me from her captivity.

I gave her a soft smile, before turning around to open my car door, only to find it already opened and held by a smiling Christopher.

'Chivalry survived.' I mentally smirked.

Giving him a grateful smile," Thanks." I said before I jumped into the car. After I got in, Christopher gently closed the door for me and moved back to stand next to Amelia, wrapping his arm around her waist as she leaned into him.

The love between them could be seen clear as day, something that anyone could be envious of.

I started the car and gave them a quick wave before driving out of the property and onto the road.

I drove the whole way with relaxing fusion playing from the radio allowing me to relax and give into my thoughts.

I finally got home and parked Mom's car in our two doors garage. I turned off the radio before cutting off the engine and releasing a deep breath as I leaned into the seat with my eyes closed, my mind going through everything that happened today.

After a couple of minutes, I released a sigh before opening the door and jumping out of the car. You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like there's something I'm missing.

I stood there, wrecking my brain, trying to remember what I was missing.

Suddenly, like an elastic band snapped in my head, I remembered.