"Excited?" asks Mason watching a practically bouncing Katy.
"Sorry," blushes Katy.
Mason just chuckles, "Katy, it's fine. Although, I got to say, my mom would love how enthusiastic you are about education."
"Your mom?"
She hadn't seen any older people at the house or at least none that resembles any bearing to Mason.
"Yeah, my parents live a few states out, but you wouldn't guess it; not with all the holidays they take," he jokes.
"Do you have siblings?" questions Katy surprising Mason.
She's never actively enquired about his personal life at all before. For a lesser man it probably would have questioned her interest in him but Mason's always been confident. Now with these little steps it seems that trust in fate is paying off. 

"3. Brothers, too. Dane's the youngest, he's just finished high school and he's started learning the business. Eli's my twin, he lives further south for here. And lastly there's Adrian, the eldest of us.-"
"You have a twin?" interrupts Katy with a curious smile.
She doesn't have siblings; but in her family one more mouth to feed would have been disastrous. Still, only child syndrome means she did used to wonder what it would be like to have one. But a twin! Gosh, that must be special.
"Trust me, Little Doe, it's not as great as it sounds. We don't have that weird telepathic connection, thankfully," chuckles Mason.
Being in the same grade all throughout their adolescence meant that Eli is just another brother to him but one that's slightly noseier in his business. Even now, Eli's probably one that probes and prods the most into his life, more so than his mom in fact!

********************

For the rest of the car ride, Katy listens to Mason recounting his life: From his childhood, to adolescence, to now-his manhood. She loves his adorable, light-hearted stories; rolling her eyes at his label in high-school of the moody 'bad boy'-despite being a good student. She doesn't doubt at all that even through the awkwardness of puberty Mason had girls throwing themselves at him. As if she didn't more any more reason to feel humble against him, he gives it to her anyway.

***************************

"Wow...this place is huge," Katy exhales, wonderstruck by lush green spaces and gorgeous buildings.
Mason remains quiet, despite disagreeing. The campus is in-fact, fairly small compared to most colleges, but he decides to let her bask in her awe. Although, it really is just like any regular campus; people milling around sipping coffee, texting and talking. Many are huddled in groups, laughing loudly and messing about.

Suddenly a sharp whistle cuts through the air, causing Mason to spin around towards that direction heard. Luckily with his quick reflexes he manages to catch the soaring football just in time. Like anyone would be, he's more than a little pissed at the assault and glaring through the crowds he tries to spot the culprit.
A grinning guy jogs up to them causing Mason's anger to immediately vanishes into humour.
"That how you welcome all your friends Holsway?" he sarcastically greets, pressing the football against the brunette's chest.
"Maybe you have visited more often then," retorts the Reese, beaming wider.

"Sure. Sure. Anyway, this is Katy. Katy this is Reese," introduces Mason.
The two exchange quick 'hello's' and an awkward handshake, before Reese smirks knowingly towards Mason. Mason refrains from rolling his eyes and giving his friend a push at the no-doubt suggestive glint in that look.
Instead Mason brushes his hand against Katy's back, gently tugging her back onto their designated path.
"So, not that I'm not happy to see you, but man but what're you doing here?" enquires Reese, trailing along with them.
"Katy and I here to sit in on one of the math lectures-"
"You-math?! Seriously? You hate math," exclaims Reese bursting into laughter.
Katy stumbles in her steps as horror flashes before her. She shrinks slightly into herself, head facing away from him as she realises that he's only here because of her. And now, she's making him do something she hates too.
"Katy's smart as she is beautiful," replies Mason simply.
"Whipped," coughs Reese teasingly, only to have Mason punch his arm.