Chapter 16

Chapter 16  

Mason rolled over feeling only the cold cotton sheets beneath his skin. Confused and still sleep infused, he rubs his eyes and searches the room for Katy but she’s gone. His senses flicker onto high alert and eyes narrow to pick up any movement or noise. Nothing. Quietly tip-toeing out of the bed, he silently pushes open the bathroom door to find no-one there. His body tenses as he makes his way to the lounge; ready to shift and attack if necessary. But as he creeps into the lounge, kitchen area there’s no intruder. Katy however was coiled in a foetal position on the couch, sleeping soundly, a cold cup of long forgotten tea sitting on the coffee table. As his body loosens from its frigid state he draws closer to her and sighs. No doubt she’d been worrying all night and accidently fallen asleep on the couch. Picking her up, he carries her to the bedroom and gently places her on the bed.
Katy’s lips part to let out a small whimper as her body tugs on the source of the warmth.
“Katy?” whispers a voice. Her eyes blink open to come face-to-face with Mason and small smile comes across her features.
“Hey...” she replies stretching out one side of her body and making him draw his eyes to her rising chest. Something she didn’t fail to note.
“Lie with me for a bit,” she breathes already initiating her plan of defence.
“What happened to no lie ins?” teases Mason, nonetheless slipping next to her. He shifts to his side facing her.

“I think we can forget about that, don’t you?” Katy giggles, shuffling closer to him. Her arm rises to his jaw and she leans in to kiss him. Surprised but pleasantly he returns it, and allows his arm to rest at her waist. Shocking him even more she deepens the kiss and pushes her body weight on him. Not expecting it, Mason falls onto his back with Katy on top. She straddles his waist, feeling the morning effects of his body, but ignoring it she starts kissing down his neck. With Mason’s brain switched on auto-pilot, from just waking up and the luscious woman tending to him, he was fighting a losing battle to gain some clarity. Katy’s fingers play at the top of Mason’s pyjama shorts and she tilts her hips further into his hard member. Seduction isn’t a skill she knows much about, why would she? But one thing she’s learnt is how to make a man excited, sexually. And even Richard’s own body couldn’t ease his arousal from a woman’s body, not that Richard ever wanted to of course. But Katy knew downstairs, most men were the same, and her mate...well, he wasn’t that much different. A warm hole to stick it in, and he’s good to go.
Mason’s lust broke when he felt small, slender fingers stroke him through his pants. He jolts in realisation and grips Katy’s head. Lightly pulling her off his chest he gazes in her eyes to try find what he’s searching for...but it isn’t there.

“Stop this,” he calmly tells her. He could see it in her. She doesn’t want this. Her eyes were hard, determined. 
“Why Mason? We’re doing so well...don’t you think we should just go all the way?” she whispers her fingers grasping his slightly harder. He hisses from the shot of pleasure and grasps her wrists, gently prying them off her and causing a wave of subconscious disappointment in himself.
“No, not yet-”
“But why?” she snaps back.
“Because you don’t want to,” he responds.
“Yes I do,” retorts Katy, confused slightly by his answer. If she doesn’t want it then why else would she initiate it?
“No...Katy, you don’t. And if you really think about it, you know that you don’t want to this..not now. It’s too soon...” As he feels Katy’s body slump in agreement, he flips them over, landing between her legs and leaning over her, “so the question is; why are you trying to force this?”
Katy’s heart starts pumping faster and blood gushes around her body double time. She should have know Mason would figure it out; her mate may be sweet on the inside and patient but he is not stupid. Think, Katy, think, she chants. She’d need a plausible explanation or he’d probably double her sessions with Liz.
“I just...I thought you’d...”
“Get tired of waiting?” suggests Mason. Katy tries to focus on not looking too pleased by that and so closes her eyes only to slowly reopen them.
“Something like that,” she sighs.
Mason clutches her thighs and pulls her down towards him with a squeal from her. His lips press strongly on hers and they embrace in a passionate kiss.
“Don’t worry about that, okay? When it happens, it happens. Don’t ever feel like you have to have sex with me. I’ll wait as long as you need, Katy. But there is one thing, when we do get that intimate...I’m on top,” he breathes with a wink at the end.
“Hmm...we’ll see,” she laughs teasing him a little, but truth is, she doesn’t being mind being on the under as long it’s under Mason.