Chapter 12

Chapter 12

{In the cabin}

"Tell me...was she there?" Richard's voice is deathly calm a touch of nonchalance to it that is so obviously forced.
Cale would have normally been intimidated but after being in the presence of Mason Carter, Richard is nothing. However, he knows he can't be blaze about it, since Richard has the one thing he needs.

"Yes."
"Did you speak to her?"
"No."
"Does she know who you are?"
"No."
It's true, argues Cale mentally. The woman had burst in but she didn't call out his name so technically...she doesn't really know who he is.

"Hmm...Tell me about the house," muses Richard.
"There are 3 floors to it. The top is Mr Carter's personal floor, the second is of the employees and the bottom is the club-"
"And how did you find this out?" enquires Richard with curiosity.
"Well...one of the employers...er...helped me out..."
And the blonde man did help him....just not with that information that's all.

"Good."
"Does this mean my debt is repaid?" questions Cale, daring to hope.
"Far from it. No, you will remain here until I get her back and then I will return your little mate to you," snorts Richard with a condescending smirk to go with it.
"Fine," mutters back Cale, unable to do much else about the situation.

************************

After dismissing Cale, Richard relaxes by himself in front of the blazing fireplace, swirling and sipping at the brandy. His mind starts thinking about how he should command the attack to retrieve his woman. His wife. His. He can't afford not to get her back.
Richard takes a gulp of the burning alcohol.
No, he had seen the girl 3 years ago; a beautiful, little flower in the shabby restaurant and that was the moment he wanted her-he had to have her. And he got her. It took him 3 years to mould her to his every desire, his every wish and need. The breaking process was lengthy but necessary for reshaping, if she were to recoil, it would be disastrous.
And she was that perfect wife! Docile, obedient, beautiful. And...and she slipped right through his fingers only to end up in that whore house! Taking another gulp of his drink, he hopes the place has not replenished her spirit. That just won't do.
Although...
A sly smile graces his lips.
It may be fun breaking her again.

{Back at the club}

"Are you going somewhere?" wonders Katy, rubbing the remnants of sleep from her eyes as she blinks at the sight of Mason getting dressed so early in the morning.
He's normally not up before her so this is unusual.
"I-"
She starts again to apologise for delving in his business when he interrupts.

"Yes. I'm meeting someone in town."
He shrugs on the slim fitting shirt before buttoning it up.
It's only as it's being done, Katy realises she's witnessing the rare sight that is Mason Carter actually wearing a suit.
She would not have thought him to even own a suit set. From what she's seen his wardrobe consists of jeans, shorts, many t-shirts and some casual shirts.

"Some-someone?" she echoes, blushing slightly.
She watches as he slips on the black blazer and buttons it. The slim fit does his body the justice it deserves, flaunting his broad shoulders and slim waist.
"A lawyer, to discuss business," grimaces Mason, struggling with the knot of the tie.
"Er...Mason?"
"Yes?"
"You've tied your tie...a little wrong. Would you like some help?" giggles Katy, flipping back the duvet and kneeling on the bed.

She shuffles to where he sits on the edge of the bed as he's tugging at the knot uselessly.
Katy simply laughs, brushing aside his big, clumsy hands before redoing the thing.
"There," she states with finality, smoothing her hands over his lapels.

"Thank-you. Liz texted me, since I may be a while, she's extending your session. Are you going to be okay?"
The arm that hooks around her waist, strokes her side.
"Mason, I'm not a baby. Of course, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry," she smiles kissing his cheek.

*******************************************

"Hey Liz."
"Katy! How are you doing?"
"Good thanks."
"Great, well, yesterday we talked about Richard. I think today we should talk about Mason."
"Um...o-okay."
"Great!"

*******************************