Her Reason

This was going to be a long night.

I walked in and Shawn's home was full to capacity. Everybody was dressed so nice. I looked at my outfit and decided maybe I shouldn't be here. I was gonna give Shawn his present and leave. I walked through the house looking for Shawn.

"Yea I know. I was like damnnn son " I heard a hearty laugh and knew that I had found him.

He was talking to the woman from the other day and a couple of other men. I felt horrible just by looking at her. I wonder if she knew about the fight me and Shawn had. She must think I'm crazy. I  had bought Shawn this really vintage watch that I noticed he had been staring at when we were walking by a store. We went in and he bought me a dress, he also caught me staring at. I guess he decided to wait to get it and focus on me.

I saw a table and walked over with all the gifts stacked on top. There wasn't alot gifts there but why would there be? He's one of the wealthiest businessmen who has just about everything he could ask for. I set my gift down and found an empty sofa to sit on.  As many times as I have been here, I never felt so alone and horrible. Then I heard a little voice "Beyyyy" Jerome ran over to me and jumped on me causing me to lean back hard into the couch, earning a couple of curious stares.

"Hey Rome. I take it you missed me?"

"Yea I did. That's why I invited you. Dad really didn't want you to come but I said NO Beyoncé has to come."

I smiled at him while my  heart was breaking. I guess Shawn really didn't love me the way I thought. I looked up and saw the same older woman walk over to me and Jerome.

"Hey there baby" she said looking at Jerome.

"Hi Nana. " he said hugging her. My suspicions were confirmed that is most definitely Shawn's mother.

"Go play with your cousins."

"Ok, bye Bey" he left and Shawn's mother looked at me with disgust.

I felt the tension and I couldn't stand it. Why did she hate me? I don't even know her.

"Listen,  here little girl. You will not come around my son or grandson with your slick ass. I know your kind and what you're all about. You're nothing but a gold digging white. You saw an opportunity and took it. You get Jerome to love you and try to make your way into my sons heart. You act helpless and hopeless like some heart broken bitch when all you're trying to do is mess up a happy home. So listen and listen good. I am Shawn's mother and it is my job to protect him from women like you so stay the hell away from him or that's your ass." I sat in shock not knowing what to say.  I mean what she said was kind of true. Jerome fell in love with me way before Shawn came. I did act helpless but was that really my fault? It was all coincidental. I'm not after Shawn's money and he knows that. Tears stung at my eyes as they fought the urge to run down my face.

"Look ms. Carter, I --"

"Save it. I said what I have to say. Now I don't know why you're hear because apparently you do nothing but stalk my son. He doesn't love you and you sure as hell ain't family. So you need to leave. NOW! " I grabbed my purse and walked quickly to the exit. I was walking out the door and Jerome ran outside to catch me.

"Bey where are you going? We didn't cut the cake."

"I'm sorry baby. I have to go.." I wiped the years from my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" he said as he walked closer to me.

"I'm not. See" I shot him my most beautiful smile and he smiled back. He walked back to the door and turned around to wave. That's when Shawn's mom slammed the door leaving nothing but unspoken words in the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just giving you guys a taste of what's to come. I don't know if I'll have service in the mountains so savor this