Chapter Four - I Meet Mr Bear

Mikan's POV

Damn that Hyuuga! I walked around aimlessly. I could faintly hear sirens and alarms in the distance but that wasn't my concern. Stupid little Hyuuga! Making me act like someone who I'm not. I kicked a rock and instantly regretted it.

'Ow!' A gasp escaped my mouth. I sighed and sat down in a nearby bench. I started at the school building. People were in there ability classes. I could see the silhouettes of boys and girls laughing and playing games. I envied them. They're allowed to have a life full of warmth and laughter unlike mine when I was younger.

I stood up and began walking into the woods. No, I'm not crazy. I'm well aware that there a weird things in this wood. I just felt the need to connect to nature just as I did when I was little. Oh what I would give to tell my little me. I eventually came across a clearing with a small cottage in the middle.

Curious I knocked on the door. Knock Knock. There was no reply. I sighed and put my back against the door. Well that was useless. I leaned against it slightly and gave a small yelp when the door opened behind me. I fell and landed on butt.

'Owie.' I rubbed my sore butt before looking inside the room. It was small but beautifully decorated with wild flowers in handmade clay vases. In the middle of the room was a small round table with a white lace cloth. There was a small kitchen as well as a bathroom. At the very end of the room was a white grand piano.

My fingers itched to play it. When I was little I used to take lessons. That was all before they came. I let out an involuntarily shudder. I walked to the piano and grazed my fingers on the keys. Tiny little sparks of anticipation ran through my fingers. I let out a smile.

I sat down and played a small tune. One of the few that I still remembered. Slowly that tune began to grow and I found myself singing my worries out.

My fingers played the small tune again like a small introduction before I began to sing.

'She lives in the shadow of a lonely girl. Voice so quiet you don't hear a word. Always talking but she can't be heard, heard, heard.' I sang softly, voice getting lower with every 'heard' before holding the last note longer.

'You can see it there if you catch her eye. You know she is brave but is trapped inside. Scared to talk to but she don't know why.' I sang softly again, holding the 'why' for three beats.

'Wish I knew back then, what I know now. Wish I could somehow, go back in time and maybe listen to my own advice.' My voice was getting a little bit louder.

'I'd tell her to speak up, tell her to shout out. Talk a bit louder, be a bit prouder. Tell her she's beautiful, wonderful, everything she doesn't see.'

'You gotta speak up, you gotta shout out and know that right here right now, you can be beautiful wonderful anything you wanna be. Little me...' I stopped singing for a few seconds and hummed instead, focusing on my hands.

'Yeah you got a lot of time to act your age. You cannot write a book with a single page, hands on the clock only turn one way.'

'Run too fast and you risk it all. Can't be afraid to take a fall. Felt so big but you look so small.'

'Wish I knew back then, what I know now. Wish I could somehow, go back in time and maybe listen to my own advice.'

'I tell her to speak up, tell her to shout out. Talk a bit louder, be a bit prouder. Tell her she's beautiful, wonderful, everything she doesn't see. '

'You gotta speak up, you gotta shout out and know that right here right now, you can be beautiful wonderful anything you wanna be. Oh, little me.'

I stopped singing again and closed my eyes, letting the melody wash over me.

'Little me.....yeah....I'll tell you one thing I wanna say!' My voice rose up.

'Tell her to speak up, tell her to shout out. Talk a bit louder, be a bit prouder. Tell her she's beautiful, wonderful, everything she doesn't see.'

'You gotta speak up, you gotta shout out, and know that right here right now, you can be beautiful wonderful anything you wanna be. Little me.'

'Little me..... You can be beautiful wonderful anything you wanna be......little me.....'

I held the last note on the piano. The mournful tune hung in the air. It was so quiet I almost jumped at the sound of someone clapping. I whirled around.

There was a toy bear clapping. It was a light brown and its eyes were narrowed slightly downwards as if it was angry. By his feet there was a small whiteboard and a whiteboard marker. He picked them up and began to write.
That was beautiful. You are very talented so please stop crying.

'Huh? 'My hands quickly went up to touch my cheeks and sure enough they were wet. I wiped my tears using my sleeve and looked at the bear. There was a new message.
Good! Now smile!

I let out a small smile and a tiny laugh escaped my throat.

'I'm sorry for intruding. I was taking a walk in the woods when I came across your place. I didn't mean to break in but the door was unlocked. Your place is really nice. I really like your flowers. Your piano is in great condition.......' I blushed lightly at my rambling.
Not at all. I rarely ever get visitors. Rarer still are those who come willingly. I'm glad you like my place. I decorated it with the intention of creating a warm fuzzy feeling.

'Why you do rarely get visitors? You're very hospitable and a kind host!' I asked getting curious.
When I was building this house I used to cut down wood with my axe. One student came across me chopping up wood and I guess I got too excited. I raised my arms above my head for a hug and forgot that I was holding the axe. He thought I was going to kill him. He ran away and told all his friends and soon rumours about killing whoever went into the woods went around school. Ever since they have all feared me. A small tear escaped his eye.

Poor thing. I walked over to him as he looked up at me and I gave him a hug. His body was soft and so cuddly I didn't want to let go. I faced him and gave him the biggest smile I could muster.

'You're not alone anymore! You have me now and I promise I'll visit you whenever I can. My name is Mikan Sakura. Nice to meet you!'
My name is Mr Bear. Nice to meet you too, Mikan - chan!

After a while I left Mr Bear's house. I had told him everything that happened to me, all my worries and dreams and he told me all about the school and where all the hidden passageways were in case of emergencies. I was using one now. Mr Bear had lent me a torch so that I could see where I was going in the dark passageway. After a while I found a stone wall. I looked around for the third brick from the left. I pushed it in and the wall moved to form a staircase. Light spilled out and onto the bricks. I climbed up and found myself at in a dried up fountain. I quickly stepped out all the stairs turned back into a brick wall. I started walking through the school hallway when I heard a few words that made my eyes go wide, my jaw slack and my mind go blank.

'There's a new student in 3B. She has the invention alice. Her name is Hotaru Imai.'

A/N
Hi again! Yes another update! Woo! Hotaru's coming next chapter! Oh! Extra long 'cause all you beautiful people deserve it.