Chapter Six - I Get Asulted By Baka Guns.... Multiple Times

Chapter Six - I Get Assaulted By Baka Guns.... Multiple Times
Confusion, understanding, realisation and anger crossed Hotaru's face in less than one second. Her hands were just a blur as they whipped out her baka gun and aiming it at me. I yelped as I dodged one.

'Hey! That's no fair! I'm not ready!' I cried avoiding another one that whizzed by my ear.

'Life isn't fair, Mikan. You of all people should know that.' Hotaru's voice was familiar and sounded angelic even if it was cold.

'Yeah but that doesn't mean that you have to be mean as well!' I complained loudly, ducking another bullet.

'By the way Mikan, I really missed you.' Her voice was quieter and took me by surprise.

My moment of hesitation cost me as she quickly fired another round at me.

'Ah shit.' I stated as I saw the bullet coming at me. I did the only thing that I could think of. I braced myself as the bullet hit my splayed hands pushing me back further down the aisle slowly. As soon as the bullet stopped spinning in my hands, I stood up to my full height. I held the bullet in one hand and smirked triumphantly at Hotaru as she narrowed her eyes and tossed away her baka gun.

She scowled, 'What's the point of upgrading the stupid gun if it has no effect on you? Do you know how long it took me to do this one? Now I have to make a new one.' She grumbled.

I let out a small laugh. Hotaru just the same as I remembered. I suddenly got the urge to hug her.

She narrowed her eyes down at me, 'No.'

'What? But I didn't say anything!' I spluttered indignantly.

'You didn't need to. Later. Oi! Narumi, where am I sitting?'

'Eh? Oh you can sit next to Nogi. He's at the back. Blonde boy with the bunny.'

Hotaru turned to look at Nogi. 'I don't want to sit next to a bishi. Mikan move over. I want to sit between you and the pervert.'

'You can't, Imai. Mikan is Natsume's partner. They need to sit next to each other.'

'Tsk. Fine.' She walked over to me and gave me a small smile. 'I really missed you, Mikan.'

'Me too.' I gave her one of my best smiles.

Satisfied, Hotaru went to sit next to the bishi.

Bringgggggggggggggg

The bell went and Jin Jin came in.

'Good morning Sakura - sama. I got a complaint from Noda-sensei yesterday. Apparently you didn't show up for your ability class. We understand that you already have full control over your alice but it is still necessary to practice. You'll go today won't you?'
She has to go! Otherwise the ESP will have my head!

'I'll go.... if you let me skip this class with Hotaru.' I smirked at the look on his face.

He turned to look at Hotaru. 'That's right. We have a new student. Top of the class. First place in the written exams at the Finals of the IFL. Very well then.'

I got up from my seat and started making my way towards the door.

'Great! Hotaru! There's this really cool place in the middle of the woods and the sweetest thing lives there! His name is Mr Bear and.... what?'

I stopped walking. Everyone was look at me with a mixture of shock and horror on their faces. Even Jin Jin dropped his stick.

'Meh. Anyways, would you like to come meet him with me? I promised that I'd some see him again today and I'm sure that he'd like the company!'

Sorry! This chapter was originally meant to be longer but it didn't save because of something like it wasn't stored properly on a local drive and I posted this last week but then my friend told me I actually didn't so here!