HARDS

"Mercy Mercy Mercy" Mrs Hearts called but there was no response, she was surprise about where she'd gone to, she Checked everywhere including her room but couldn't find her, just when she was about to call Eva and tell her her sister's missing, Eva entered.
"Hi mom" she greeted in a low tone which someone would know she wasn't herself.
"How're you? Your sister's missing" Mrs Hearts said without waiting for Eva to reply, she was anxious and was crying, Eva with eyes turned red searched around the house.
"Mom I don't understand you... Mercyyyyyy" she screamed and fell down.
"My babyyyy" she cried
" What's happening to me?" She asked rhetorically
By now it was 8:25pm. The door opened and Mercy walked in smiling.
Eva rushed and hugged her, Mrs Hearts fell on the couch, smiling and held her chest
"Where've you been?" Eva asked
"Not even a welcome?" Mercy replied
"Welcome, where'd you go to? Eva asked
"Just went on a walk" she replied.
"And why's your eyes and mom's red?" She added
"Never you go out without anyone's consent okay? What kinda stupid walk, we haven't seen Bonnie for days and you went on a stupid walk, are you mad??" Eva said angrily pouring out the stress, worries of Bonnie's whereabout and anger of her lost job on her sister, her mother and sister were surprised but thought it was just because she was worried. No one has ever seen her like that, this made Mercy scared.

"Okay, I'm sorry if I made you worried" she said shakily and with tears.
Eva left angrily to get room, she thought of Bonnie and how she'll tell her mom about what happened.. just then. Mrs Hearts walked in.
"I'm sorry your sister made you worried" she apologized
Eva looked up, saw the concern on her mom's face smiled and told her to sit.
"It's okay mom, She's everyone's migraine" she said and they laughed.
". When you came back I noticed you weren't okay, what's wrong?" Mrs Hearts asked.
This is one thing about her, she's always so sensitive and smart.
" I lost my job, I got sacked today mom... I..." she tried to speak but words failed her and she broke down and cried.
" oh so finally he succeeded in sacking you" Mercy said standing at the door crying
Eva walked to her and patted her on her back while Mrs Hearts sat on the bed and sobbed slowly to avoid her kids seeing her weakness. A one thing she's always avoided.
" I'm retired  and now you're sacked... great! Just great!" She said and held her breath.
" It's okay girls, it's well" she finally found a word to say.
Mercy and Eva went over to her and sat closed to her.
"It's okay mom, I promise to take care of you both, it's a promise, we not going back to that man called our father, Never!" She said with declamation.
"I haven't still told her what she needs to know" Eva thought, her phone rang and she wondered who the caller is, it was John, Eva's friend who told her that Bonnie's missing and knows the person that jeopardized her, she picked the call and John's voice came through.
"Hello" his masculine voice came through
"How you doing John" Eva asked
"Meet me at Nestfield hotel" John said without replying to Eva's question about his health.
"It's late John, can't it wait till tomorrow?" She said.
"No. Now please" he replied demanding
"Okay" She said and hung up".

*** " I don't like being vulnerable John, you know this" Eva said.
"I know but you've got to be strong... This is just THE INCEPTION of it, someone's out there to get you and your family and you have to be prepared for worst" John replied
He always found a way of calming her down.
"But why would someone do that to me" She asked not hoping for an answer. John's phone rang and when he hung up,Eva's rang. She dropped her phone and ran towards her car followed by John, although he was clueless about what was going on at the moment but he stayed silent, driving to the house only to find the door open at that time, they rushed in and found Mrs Hearts in her pool of blood.
"Mommm" Eva screamed at the sight of her mother and ran over to her.
"Me...Merc....yyy" Mrs Hearts tried to talk whispering in a low tone.
"Go look for...for...for her" she added and closed her eyes.
John carried her to the hospital while Eva started making calls...