Chapter 2

Lexi heard Max say the same name she did the night of her accident and she frowned at her sister before looking at her close friend Jordyn and the unknown woman she was holding in her arms protectively. At first, Lexi thought that Max was reacting the way she did due to witnessing Jordyn be so intimate with someone other than Jessica but as she understood what her words meant, her brain short-circuited at the sight in front of her. Hope noticed as Lexi's whole body stiffened, alerting her, and she squared her shoulders before walking towards Jordyn and Mavis.

"Lexi, stop. There's no need to make a scene here. Let's take this elsewhere." Hope spoke quickly as she grabbed her wife's arm who was shaking with rage and glaring at Mavis who didn't dare look up at her.

"Fine... You, follow me." Lexi said through gritted teeth as she pointed a finger at Jordyn who was already watching her with a guilty look on her face. They all walked outside towards the parking lot, unaware of August who had witnessed their interaction and quickly called the only person she knew could help.

"Hey Auggy, I'm so sorry I'm late but I'm on my way now--" Jessica spoke into the phone, that had been going off for a while now as she got inside her car but she was cut off by the frantic voice of the younger girl.

"Jessi, please come fast. It's your friends Lexi and Hope. They're here with Max and... They saw Jordyn and Mavis together Jessi and... Just get here fast. Please." August pleaded in a scared voice as she watched the adults in front of her walk away and Jessica's heart sank.

"I'm on my way August," Jessica spoke in a calm voice before ending the call and immediately asked her driver to speed up who nodded before obliging. A bad feeling settled in the pit of her stomach as she informed Victoria about their situation.

Lexi, Hope, Max, Jordyn, and Mavis stood silently in the parking lot. None of them saying a word. Jordyn knew that Lexi was glaring at her and even when she was drowning in guilt, she didn't let her embrace loosen around Mavis who seemed to have gone limp in her arms. Jordyn was immensely worried about her as she called her name softly but it was like her voice fell on deaf ears and her heart plummeted inside her chest at their predicament. She took a deep breath as she kissed her head, again and again, not caring about the looks she was receiving from her friends and held her body closer as she pulled out her cell to call her driver. Jordyn was going to take Mavis away from them and home. Everyone else be damned.

"Okay, what the actual fuck Jordyn? What is the meaning of all this? What is going on here?! Tell me right now." Lexi shouted angrily, not being able to take it anymore and Jordyn merely glanced at her before continuing to tend to the girl in her arms.

"I will answer all your questions but not now. I need to take her home. You can follow us if you want and then--" Jordyn started to say as she pocketed her cell phone after texting August and her driver to meet them here but Lexi was too far gone to listen to her.

"No! Nobody is going any fucking where until I get all my answers. And I'll start with this bitch." Lexi spat before walking towards Mavis but before she could even touch Mavis's body, Jordyn grabbed her wrist harshly.

"Alexai, you're my friend. My family... I'm begging you to not do this right now. Let me help--" Jordyn tried to say in a leveled voice but Lexi scoffed as she snatched her wrist away and looked at her with a betrayed look on her face.

"Some family you are! You lied to me, Jordyn. You fucking betrayed me. It's clear that you know who she is by the way you're acting... I asked you so many times to help me look for her and-- wait. Who else knows about her?!" Lexi shouted. The silence that followed next was an answer enough for her.

"So you all knew... Every single one of you knew... I-I begged you all to help me. I-I literally cried in front of you Jordyn because I was losing my sister and I begged you to help me find the girl who was responsible for everything... You had her all this time and yet... you lied to my face. You all lied to me." Lexi said in a breaking voice as her eyes filled with tears and Hope wrapped her arms around her waist as she tried to comfort her wife.