Two

"So, what is this mission that I have?" I ask as my father and I walk inside his office.  My father sits in his chair right in front of me and takes out a file from his desk drawer and puts it between us. I lean forward and take the file to look through it. I see pictures of a guy with dark brown hair with glasses covering his eyes, and a hat on in a warehouse that looks familiar. "Is this our warehouse?" I ask my dad.

"Yes," my father states coldly.

"Okay and who is it? Who does he work for?"

"Alex and Cole have suspicions that this individual is an Italian."

"Well, what do you think?" I ask putting the file back on his desk.

"I think I need someone to go deep undercover and figure out what the hell is going on with those Italians," my father says while resting his hands on the desk. "I need a mole to go undercover and figure out if they are actually stealing shipments."

"Alex and Cole said you need a mole." I state. "Am I doing this all by myself or is Layna coming with me?"

"No. You are doing this alone. I am having Layna stay here and go through all of our staff to make sure we don't have a mole there."

"Well, what's the plan then?" I ask, smirking.

"I want you to go to this warehouse they have in Pasadena. They have warehouses everywhere in the world but the only one they have here in California is Pasadena. The address is in the file," Dad says while bringing out another file with papers in it. "I want you to purposely get kidnapped and then I want you to have them trust you and make amends with them. If you can, I want you to try and sneak into their office and hack the mainframe."

"I don't specialize in hacking, Dad," I deadpan.

"That's not a problem. Layna will be on it once you text her."

"How am I going to text her if they take my phone? I doubt they will let me keep my shit, Dad."

My dad shrugged his shoulders. "Steal a phone for a second and contact Layna from there. Shouldn't be hard."

"Okay should be simple. How long am I undercover for?" I asked. 

"As long as you can stay undercover."

══════════════════

The first thing I see when I open my eyes is my ceiling. I sit up from my bed and look around my room. My blinds are open, and I see a beautiful view of the city.

I get out of bed and head towards my bathroom. I don't bother showering because I showered last night, and my hair is still kind of damp.

I change into a black tank top and some black pants. I put on my oversized leather jacket that has pockets for me to put my mini knives and other small weapons that are helpful for missions.

After I put my clothes on, I pull my long brown hair in a high ponytail and head downstairs.

Last night my father explained my mission and what I was going to do for it. All I have to do is try to take a crate they have in their warehouse and hopefully they'll catch me.

When I walk into the kitchen, I see my mom making breakfast and Elena sitting down next to her.

"Hey, baby. Are you ready for the mission?" my mom asks when she sees me.

"Yeah. I'm just going to eat a banana and make a coffee or something."

"Okay. I made a breakfast burrito for you so take that with you. Make sure you are careful out there. You never know who is working on the job when you go to this warehouse," my mom scolds while Elena just listens in.