"W-Wait a minute!" Purple and Red glared at Scylla as the former hissed. "You mean you saw what was happening?! You could have stepped in right then and done something about those assassins?!"

"Indeed." Red didn't know what infuriated him more: the fact that she could have saved them all this trouble or that she was so casual about it. Before he could say something, she glanced at him; her pupils turned to slits. "Save it, your Tallest. You have no right to complain, considering you sent an Invader to HybGen to steal information and ended up releasing a hybrid in an experimental stage."

"He did what?"

Red froze. Damn lizard! He slowly turned around. Ilk, Blue, and Captain were glaring at him. Uh-oh. Purple merely averted his gaze, trying to hide his nervous expression. Red laughed nervously. "I can explain it."

"We can talk about that later, Irken." Captain said. He sounded calm, but Red could tell he wanted to tear off his head on the spot. "So, doc, you say you recorded everything that happened?"

"Indeed. It will save your Tallest precious saliva and save me precious time."

The recording started right when Purple and Fury were dropped off. From there, it followed Purple when he separated from the indokuro as he went for a walk, the attack and the persecution through the temple, and Purple taking down the first assassin. Scylla confirmed the first victim had been a failed candidate. Then the recording showed Akkono and Purple in the cave (thankfully for Purple, the video had no audio), splitting up when the assassins caught up and then Purple sending Fury away.

Everyone went silent as they saw Purple wielding twin swords and dispatching each of the remaining assassins one by one, all on his own. Red, in particular, was staring agape at the scene in disbelief, his jaw hanging open. Unfortunately for Purple, the last part depicted him trying to ward off the indoshiro with the threat display. My life is ruined. He hid beneath his blankets, his cheeks a deep shade of pink, just as the recording ended. He heard Captain and Blue snickering, and even Ilk sounded like she was trying to contain giggles.

"I must say, your Tallest, I'm impressed." he heard Dr. Scylla say. "Not everyone encounters an indoshiro and lives to tell the tale."

"What are you doing here, lizard?!" Purple snapped unintentionally. "Did you come to make fun of me before telling me I failed?"

"I wouldn't say you failed, your Tallest."

Purple instantly threw his covers off. "What?" He and Red spoke simultaneously. Both Irkens exchanged a quizzical look before the former inquired. "What do you mean?!"

"Well, the objective was to arrive at the finish line with your indokuro," Scylla fast-forwarded the video to the ending. Fury and Cheesecake were dragging Purple, Akkono, and the latter's partner into the camp, where three other candidates were already lounging around. "Well, technically, you did. Not only that, but you showed prowess in combat by standing your ground against seven fully-fledged assassins and Sobr's apex predator. You didn't do perfectly well in the previous stages, but you made it all the way here and made up for your errors. Not only that, but the rogue indokuro you claim is yours did show great loyalty for you."

"What are you saying, doc?"

Scylla offered Purple the tiniest of smiles.

"Tallest Purple, I am pleased to inform you that from this day forward, you are part of the indokani corps."

-IZ-

When Lena woke up, she found herself alone in her room, tucked in under blankets. "Red?" There was no reply.