Chapter 7 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 4)

Start from the beginning

Flynn is currently holding a school uniform in his hands, preparing to put it on, but his dark blue eyes are currently lowered in thought, as if immersing himself in past memories.

With a quick flick of his wrist, the now 13 year old Flynn dressed himself in the uniform shirt, which signifies his identity of a new first year student at the most famous and best magician academy in the human kingdom. No longer looking as weak and innocent as his previous self, Flynn's persona had went through many changes in the short years from when he had taken the pill.

The young teen appears to have a new personality drastically different from how he was previously.

____________________________________

Soon he would be going to most famous magic academy in the human continent. Something that he couldn't have imagined doing only years ago.

The academy is located in the largest kingdom in the continent, one with the longest years of history and contains the most powerful figures. Every year, there would be extremely selective challenges to pick out the most talented individuals. Out of 10,000 youths that are eligible to take the test, only 0.01% are selected, and around 20% of them are kicked out each year due to being 'too average' despite being picked out from countless other talented youths.

Flynn getting into this almost legendary academy was no easy task even for his background and talent. To stand out, he put everything on the line to push his body to his limits, being finally receiving admission.

After the teen finished putting on his outer coat, he turned to walk out of his room, to bid goodbye to his family and to continue achieving his dream.

____________________________________

In the academy, the student population consists mostly of royalties and those from high standing families. Among them, there are also some from lower ranking families, some also came from a poor village, or a farm, but nonetheless, there are few who would ignorantly look down on those with low standing. Perhaps it was partially due to this that the academy had such a bright reputation.

The professors are also quite knowledgeable, as the process to select teachers aren't any less strict compared to the students.

To motivate the students to become important figures to the continent, the academy hosts competitions, rankings, and encourages mock battles between individuals.

The competitions do not only consist of magic, but also potion making, formation inscribing, and quite a bit more.

But for Flynn, whose goal is to solely become a powerful mage, he put all effort and energy to simply become strong.

His dedication is strong, a bit too strong even.....

Other than to attend classes and the more competitive competitions, he doesn't interact with many people. In fact, even when his sister attended the same academy in the future, even she could rarely catch a glance of him.

Despite how Flynn never exactly tried to stand out, he was actually well known in the school.

Achieving high scores in battle rankings and grades, and adding on his dark personality, few tries to approach him.

Those who had were only given a cold glance before he turned around without saying a word.

Regardless, Flynn Wisteria's achievements were numerous and outstanding even when compared to other talented individuals. In his academy years, he spent much effort into his strength, succeeding in becoming one of the strongest students of his year.

___________________________________

The scenes Bai Lian saw of Flynn's academy years were not many and not very detailed. Other than the teenager's many achievements and efforts, there wasn't much he could make out from the bits and pieces of information.

...... perhaps to Flynn, his academy years weren't very important. It was all a stepping stone to become powerful.

But Bai Lian realized something important.

What exactly was Flynn's motivation?

The Flynn Wisteria as a child wanted to become a magician to prove that he can properly subdue and control his magic, and to make his family proud.

But the Flynn as a teenager he saw was like a beast. One without motivation and goal, and only knew to step forward wildly as if being controlled. Unknowingly, he was controlled by some unknown force, becoming a completely different person, becoming someone he never had any intentions of becoming before......

No matter his achievements, his face does not contain any excitement. Even when being awarded as one of the top graduates, the happiness shown was much less compared to when the Flynn as a child summoning just a piece of his mana back in the forest......

____________________________________

In the next scene, a grand golden hall appeared in front of Bai Lian's eyes.

The corridors are packed with guards and guests. The walls are decorated extravagantly with priceless paintings.

Each individual guest is dressed in their best clothing, not willing to look badly in front of their peers in such an occasion.

All the guest are led to the main hall, a large expanse of space which still has much ground to spare despite the large number of guests.

In front of the hall, atop a flight of stairs stood the King and queen's throne, which glittered with many protective enchantments and jewels.

Soon, loud music was heard, blaring out the anthem and quieted the guests.

Beside the throne, the king, a kind looking man in his late 30s stood out from behind red curtains, along with his wife, the queen.

"Fellow guests!" His loud voice boomed out with authority.

"Let us commence our yearly celebration to recognize the future stars of our kingdom. The top graduates who has the power to start a new page in history!"